Director of Development
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Goodwin House is a 2021 Top Workplace for large companies in the D.C region, according to The Washington Post! And nearly 100% of our staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
What Makes Us Awesome!
At Goodwin House, we feel deeply connected to our work. We create meaningful relationships and have opportunities to grow our skills. We come from all around the world yet share the following qualities (that we hope you share, too!):
- Compassion that is rooted in a love of people
- Ambition to make a difference in the lives of others
- Desire to be a part of a mission-driven team
About the Position
Goodwin House is currently seeking Philanthropy Director who will report directly to the Chief Philanthropy Officer (CPO) and assist the CPO in the planning and implementation of the Foundation’s fundraising program as the primary person responsible for overseeing all aspects of the giving program at an assigned GHI life-plan community. This person will play a major role in creating solicitation and stewardship publications and will assist in coordinating cultivation and stewardship events. This person will manage a portfolio of donors to build relationships which foster engagement and result in successful outcomes. The Director of Philanthropy works with the Director of Stewardship to manage the gift acknowledgment process for all gifts to the Foundation from the assigned life plan community.
- Collaborate with colleagues and GHI leaders to enthusiastically advance the mission of Goodwin House Incorporated
- Work with the CPO and other members of the GHF team to establish fundraising goals and to develop an operational plan that will meet goals annually
- Work with the CPO to identify, cultivate and solicit residents and family members associated with the assigned life plan community who can make leadership gifts to the Annual Fund, and major and planned gifts to other purposes
- Identify and manage a portfolio of approximately 100 potential donors (individuals/couples) which includes recording conversations and pertinent information into Raiser’s Edge after each contact, and determining next-step engagement strategies
- When appropriate, advise and engage the CPO, the CEO or other colleagues to increase philanthropic support from residents, family members and friends of GHI
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience of individual fundraising experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills a must
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Office Suites preferred
- Health/ Dental/ Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Fitness Center
- Free Meals
About Goodwin House
Goodwin House has been uplifting the lives of older adults and those who care for them since 1967. Based in Northern Virginia, we are a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization, committed to exceptional service and personalized care. Our family of services includes two senior living communities, an innovative continuing care at home program, health care services, hospice, home health services, rehabilitation therapy and the Goodwin House Foundation.
Goodwin House provides a supporting and enriching work environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as an AARP Employer Pledge Signer.
Non ProfitView all jobs at Goodwin House