PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To perform daily tasks related to the operation of a retail sales operation.
Reports directly to the Store Manager. Receives work direction from the Assistant Store Manager and Lead Sales Associate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Operates cash register, makes change, completes credit card transactions, arranges monies for safekeeping, and answers the telephone and responds to customer inquiries.
2.Processes incoming merchandise including in-store donations and products from the main plant to support store sales: sorts, inspects, prices, tags, hangs and stocks merchandise on the sales floor.
3.Processes store returns and prepares for shipment back to the main plant.
4.Rotates merchandise, stocks shelves, and sets up displays.
5.Assists customers in a courteous manner by answering questions and directing to dressing rooms, etc.
6.Performs housekeeping duties such as dusting fixtures and furniture, keeping the store merchandise well organized, keeping racks properly arranged, shelves neat, and floors swept as needed, including restrooms.
7.Assists in training employees and program participants as required.
8.Works overtime as required.
9.Maintains flexibility related to scheduling shifts.
10.Performs other duties as required.
11. Safeguards company property, including donated goods. Reports any incidents of theft or
unauthorized possession of company property.
12.Acts safely at all times, following all safety rules and regulations.
13. Follows all company policies and procedures.
14. Promotes and demonstrates cooperation and teamwork. Assists and shares knowledge and
information with other employees as needed.
15.Uses good interpersonal skills such as courtesy, sensitivity, politeness, and thoughtfulness.
16. Works with, trains, and/or acts as a good example for program participants receiving training at
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school diploma or GED desired, but not required.
2.90 days relevant sales experience preferred, including cashiering.
3. Ability to stand for 7-8 hours a day. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
4. Effective interpersonal skills.
5. Basic writing skills.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, program participants, and co
7. Ability to work overtime as required.
WORK DEVICES/MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT USED:
Uses cash register, telephone, computer, adding machine, hangers, racks, pens/pencils, forms/paper, pricing gun, office supplies, ladder, flat bed cart, cages, racks, totes, dollies, apron, mask, cleaning materials, broom, mop, and various other store supplies and moving equipment