COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS IN LESS THAN 30 DAYS! COMPANY MATCHED RETIREMENT PLAN. GENEROUS PAID TIME OFF! TUITION ASSISTANCE AND RETAIL DISCOUNT AT 20 STORES!
Provides job development and placement support for eligible job training students via a range of activity; cultivates strategic relationship with well aligned employers to market program graduates and to divisional placement goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leverages strong business acumen, interpersonal and communication skills to:
Locate, conduct and effectively analyze labor market information to inform business decision. Use relevant research on employment trends to remain knowledgeable about job tasks, functions, salaries, requirements and future outlooks and demonstrate the ability to adapt behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles.
Prospect and follow-up with business leads to qualify the “opportunity” for engagement with employers. Initiate business engagement with qualified employers and articulate a clear “mutually productive” value proposition.
Actively network with appropriate channels (associations, committees, open forums) in the business community to establish and maintain credibility and visibility for training programs.
2. Understands key divisional metrics and indicators for job development and placement goals and orients activity towards achieving results.
3. Maintains a well-kept and organized list of business contacts to leverage for hiring events, letters of support, engagement with training classes and for employment of graduates. Job Development Services:
4. Remains actively engaged with team members to provide input and to stay abreast of student issues during the training phase.
5. Identifies specific touchpoints during training to determine student “work-readiness” and delivers value add interventions so that students are positioned for employment.
6. Ascertains information regarding student vocational goals and preferences and orients employment information as appropriate.
7. Maintains regular contact with job seekers through a variety of methods to sustain momentum and engagement; conducts on-going and agreed upon job development activity until employment is obtained or job seekers engagement is discontinued. I.e.: obtains and shares position leads, assists with job interviews, advocates and acts as liaison with employers on students’ behalf.
8. Ensures that the rights of persons served are upheld during service delivery. Other duties: * This position requires regular travel to various off-site locations to promote services, visit partners, vendors, potential employers, one-stop centers, etc.
9. Excellent team player with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a customer focus to ensure the expectations of stakeholders (e.g., persons served, employers, etc.) are met.
10. Ability to cope effectively with job pressures and stress.
11. Demonstrated self –awareness and interpersonal sensitivity by modeling personal characteristics of patience, tolerance, enthusiasm, compassion and empathy. Relates well to people regardless of position or background and is approachable and available.
12. Demonstrated problem solving skills by developing and implementing innovative solutions to identified or potential problems. Ability to address different problems simultaneously.
13. Demonstrated ability to self-direct by working persistently toward an agreed-upon goal despite opposition, distractions, and setbacks; self-disciplined. Realistically assesses own strengths, areas of growth and the impact on others. Seeks and makes use of constructive feedback, and takes initiative to consider possible outcomes and implement appropriate action without being directed to do so.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field, with two or more years of experience with: staffing/placement, business engagement, and negotiation or Associates degree and four or more years of experience with the above or High School degree with six or more years of direct experience.
2. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
1. Experience and/or solid understanding of the workforce system.
2. Knowledge, education and/or experience with the regional Metro DC healthcare industry.
Sedentary – Lifting and/or carrying of up to 10 pounds. Walking and standing are required on a regular basis. Occasional periods of work seated at a desk. Repetitive hand motions while using keyboard. Prolonged use of computer.
Limited - General office environment infrequently exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer minority/female/disability/vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.