The Senior Retail Supervisor oversees and participates in all day-to day store activities including safety compliance, front end and backroom oversight of the store. The Senior Retail Supervisor is responsible to maximize sales, production and customer service and is a key holder responsible for store opening and closing activities as directed by the Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager. This position is a member of the Management Support Team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. Follow safety policies and procedures ensuring maximum security and protection of all customers and company assets.
2. Ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Work cooperatively with all consumers, community groups, co-workers, and subordinates to promote the achievement of the company mission. Maintain strict confidentiality of all sensitive information concerning consumers and/or employees.
3. Achieve 97% or higher of weekly transaction value goal.
4. Achieve 97% or more of weekly revenue goal.
5. Achieve 97% or more of weekly textile, WEB and ASH production goals.
6. Handle Point of Sale and Accounting functions and transactions; responsible for store cash funds, banking, and accounting for overages and shortages. Performs necessary record keeping, daily reports, and reporting of money and sales.
7. Responsible for planning and projection of donation needs to ensure and assist in achievement of production goals; ensuring maximum productivity of production staff; provide training and direction that ensures the highest level of customer service is offered to all.
8. Responsible to assist with the fulfillment of all production functions as needed.
9. Advise management staff of all progress, problems, and new development on a regular basis.
10. Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates including opening and closing of location.
11. All other job duties as assigned (i.e. attending meetings, training).
A High School Diploma or G.E.D. along with a minimum of 1-2 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a valid driver’s license. Ability to be a self starter with excellent oral and written communication skills along with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications knowledge is required. Must be able to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
FINGER DEXTERITY: The ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands and wrists.
TALKING: Talking to others to convey information effectively and to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILIITES: The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color, vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk of hear. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF POSITION DESCRIPTION:H
Position descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Supervisors may assign additional functions and requirements as deemed appropriate.
Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Goodwill Industries of Delaware and Delaware County, maintains its status as an at-will employer.