The Seasonal Customer Service Associate oversees and participates in all sales floor store activities and maintains a professional manner to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and confidence. Provides maximum security and protection of company assets. This is a seasonal position and employment and may be terminated by Goodwill of employment at any given time.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Follow safety policies and procedures ensuring maximum safety, security, and protection of all customers and company assets.
2. Ensure all merchandise is displayed/stocked in its proper department and in accordance with merchandising procedures. Perform necessary housekeeping duties, including, but are not limited to, cleaning and recovery of sales floor, dressing rooms and production/processing areas, sweeping, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming as needed, maintaining order in all departments, including clothing, domestics, shoes/accessories, wares, books, and furniture.
3. Perform Counterpoint Point of Sale functions and transactions; ensue safe and accurate handling of all cash drawer funds, media, and Goodwill property; accountable for overages and shortages.
4. Responsible to assist with the fulfillment of production functions as needed.
5. Follow company policy and procedures according to Goodwill Employee Handbook and SOPs applicable to job position.
6. Ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Work cooperatively with all consumers, community groups, co-workers, and subordinates to promote the achievement of the company mission.
7. Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
8. All other duties that apply.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred, along with a minimum of 1-3 months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. To ensure safe working conditions, personal protection equipment (PPE) required for this position includes: hand protection; eye protection when handling material.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
FINGER DEXTERITY: The ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands and wrists.
TALKING: Talking to others to convey information effectively and to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILIITES: The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color, vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk of hear. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Supervisors may assign additional functions and requirements as deemed appropriate.
Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Goodwill Industries of Delaware and Delaware County, Inc. maintains its status as an at-will employer.
Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware CountyGoodwill can help people overcome barriers to self-sufficiency, through the Power of Work. You donate and shop, and Goodwill provides job training programs and employment placement services to people with disabilities, those who lack education or job experience, and others facing challenges to finding employment. Goodwill provides a hand up, not a hand out to thousands of local residents every year. Ninety cents of every dollar raised by Goodwill goes to support our mission of service to the community.
Chadds Ford, PA