RETAIL STORE MANAGER IN TRAINING
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Would you like to grow your career as a STORE MANAGER IN TRAINING working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited to go to work?
Do you want to earn competitive pay, enjoy shopping discounts, benefits, and have opportunities for advancement and training?
Do you want to work a flexible work schedule that provides time off to enjoy life?
Then Goodwill Southeast Georgia is just the place for you-- and we have an incredible management training program that will help teach you everything you need to know for this role!
If you are an effective leader and active team-player and you aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day, then this is the place for you! We provide STORE MANAGERS IN TRAINING opportunities to learn and grow while leading a team of dedicated associates. Take your career to the next level through the skills, knowledge, and free training we provide our leaders.
What you’ll receive:
- Flexible, family and school-friendly schedules
- Generous Paid Time Off to include sick, vacation and personal time off needs
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Benefits
- Associate Discounts
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion Groups
- Growth within the Company
- FREE Training and Professional Development Courses
- And More!!!!
As a Store Manager in Training, no two days are ever the same, but here’s what you’ll be doing in a typical day at Goodwill:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment that makes you excited to come to work each day.
- Providing service to our customers that makes them say I LOVE GOODWILL! EVERYONE NEEDS TO SHOP HERE!
- Owning overall business results to drive efficiency and grow sales
- Leveraging your metrics (reports, financial dashboard, etc.) to understand your business and make decisions.
- Understanding sales trends and leading your team to drive sales growth
- Leading an efficient operation while demonstrating a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Leading and holding your team accountable to work in the same way.
- Cultivating a customer-centric and engaged team.
- Creating a welcoming experience for customers by interacting, solving concerns, and making the customers day better.
- Recruiting, hiring, and retaining a passionate and customer-service focused team.
- Investing in training of your team to enhance their skills and capabilities.
Here’s a few skills you should have to start:
- An experienced manager with a high school diploma or equivalent, 2 to 5 years of retail sales experience, and a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including using positive language and attentive to customer needs
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to lead, manage conflict, and hold others accountable
- Accurately handle POS system and cash register operations
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
Goodwill SEGA is an awesome place to work, and it is our priority for our associates to have a safe and positive work experience, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Ability to handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting and moving merchandise up to 50 lbs and pushing/pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Goodwill is an EEO employer and is committed to serving members of the military, Veterans and their families by encouraging them to apply for vacancies that fit their area of knowledge and/or expertise. Our goal is to help ensure that the transition from military service into the workforce is as smooth as possible and reflects our appreciation for the dedication devoted to protecting our country. Goodwill provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application system as a result of your disability. Applicants with disabilities may contact Goodwill’s Human Resources Department at 912.354.6611 for assistance in accessing the on-line application system. Please be sure to include your name, preferred method of contact, and details on your requested accommodation. Goodwill will make every effort to respond to your request promptly.
Goodwill Southeast Georgia
RetailView all jobs at Goodwill Southeast Georgia