Come join our team at the new Goodwill "Buy the Pound" Outlet Store opening soon in Williston, Vermont! Training will begin right away in the Donation Center of the Williston Retail Store. This is an exciting opportunity to assist Goodwill bargain hunters in a fun, fast-paced unique shopping experience.
Job duties include but are not limited to running a baler for recycled product, disposing of trash and glass product. Help us be more sustainable and eliminate excess waste all while feeling good about your work!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, part-time Goodwill employees also receive:
- Vision and Dental offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Starting at $11.03 per hour!
- Part-time hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the new “Buy the Pound” Outlet Store
- Option for more hours, and full-time status, in the connected Williston Retail Store
- Flexible working hours, day and evening shifts available
1) Participate in effective day-to-day operation of all store activities under the direct supervision of the Store Manager or his/her designee.
- Sorting and pricing merchandise
- Operate power equipment
- Loading material for export
- Donation attendant
2) Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
3) Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions
- Provides high-quality customer service by helping customers to locate merchandise, answering questions, etc.
- Receives donations, issues donation receipts and assists donors when applicable
- Stocks shelves, counters, bins and racks with merchandise
- Complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as Agency policies
- Sorting merchandise into categories
- Pricing merchandise using best practices and stocking to sales floor plan
- Operate power equipment to organize and store donated product
- Loading material in to gaylords, trucks, and trailers for export
- Processes material at donation site by sorting donations made throughout the day
- Accepts Donations from customers, loading goods in to hampers for sort
- Running a cash register, ensuring accurate tenders and a balanced cash drawer.
- Pre-scanning books for processing
- General housekeeping
- Merchandising inventory according to sales floor plan
- Pulling merchandise from the sales floor as needed.
- Attending to fitting rooms
- The ability to: sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift.
- Ability to push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards.