Looking to broaden your computer hardware experience? Love everything tech old and new? Come join our GoodTech team! Where any day you could be testing a vintage Commodore 64 to removing the hard drive from an Alienware gaming laptop. Learn the proper ways to reset tablets, phones, gps’s and more to sell online or in our retail stores. If you love technology this is the department for you! Goodwill Northern New England — good works here!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Vision, Dental & Flex Spending offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
- Performs all daily tasks in the GoodTech Department and in the retail store, as assigned, to ensure prompt testing, processing and shipping of goods and a superior shopping experience that falls in line with a highest level of quality customer service.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating, social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Communicates with manager and entire support team in order to understand daily tasks and expectations.
- Provides high quality customer service by answering questions regarding active online listings d by helping customers to locate, merchandise, answering questions, etc.
- Works with supervisors to ensure individual goals are net on a consistent basis.
- Handling customer returns and complaints in a polite and courteous manner.
- Complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as Agency policies.
- Identify each donation and sort into various technical categories
- Maintain stock levels
- Prepare and pack items for sale and recycling
- Uses powered equipment such as a pallet wrapper, tipper, and stacker to safely handle materials
- Demanufactures computers without supervision and mentors others doing the same work
- Tests devices including but not limited to phones, tablets, game consoles and cameras
- Prepares electronic items for resale either online or in a retail setting
- Sanitizes devices purging any personal information
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards
- The ability to: sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift.
- Ability to push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to use a digital camera and download pictures
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to identify, test and replace computer components