Caring for others in the community is essential work. Cooking meals, ensuring a clean, warm environment and assisting with personal hygiene are not just important tasks, they are vital to the health of the people who reside in Goodwill NNE’s Residential Homes. Direct Care Professional (DSP) perform these important duties, in addition to being the friendly face and helping hand our residents with disabilities need to live a more independent life.
Join a team of energetic professionals dedicated to the well-being of our residents. No healthcare experience? No problem, we provide paid training upon hire. Have experience, great! Goodwill NNE values your expertise and provides many growth opportunities.
Goodwill NNE – Good works here!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision insurance offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Multiple full-time awake overnight positions available!
Starting Hourly Wage: $12.00-$13.00, depending on experience
1) Supports service recipients associated with Goodwill’s Residential and Community Support programs.
- Serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities.
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipient(s).
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards.
2) Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
3) Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- In accordance with the service plan, serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in areas including, but not limited to, interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities
- Communicates effectively and courteously when dealing with service recipients, parents, guardians and other interested parties
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipients
- Documents observations concerning group and individual interactions, progress and participation of the service recipient in the approved plan
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards
- Accompanies and transports the individual to appointments, community outings and services
- Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- Reliable transportation and automobile insurance that meets minimum state requirements.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to complete required certifications on time.
- Criminal background check to meet agency requirements.
- High school diploma/GED.
- The ability to stand or sit for long periods of time. Perform range of motion tasks that include but not limited to; reaching, bending, stretching and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds and push 175 pounds.
- Direct Support Professional Certification (I.e.: College of Direct Support or former live class).
- Current CRMA, CRMA 40 preferred.
- Experience supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Mental Health Experience (when applicable).
Goodwill Northern New England
Why Work Here?Goodwill Northern New England is an influential social enterprise that creates jobs, delivers needed services for people with diverse challenges, and uses environmentally friendly products and processes — all while earning revenue to pay for and expand innovative workforce services in Maine, New Hampshire and northern Vermont. We operate retail stores, employment services, neuro rehabilitation centers, residences for people needing 24/7 support and cleaning/property services.
Goodwill Northern New England — good works here!
Windham Center, ME