Goodwill Industries of Mid-Michigan is looking for a Motivated, Team Building, Positive Individual to fill a Full Time opening for a Truck Drive at our Averill Avenue location
Essential Job Functions
Operation of vehicles and other assigned equipment in safe and responsible manner. Check vehicles per DOT standards, completing proper paperwork for inspection. Maintain and use assigned cellular phone according to company guidelines (reporting to dispatcher/supervisor). Greet all donors in friendly, courteous manner, providing receipts as needed. Follow designated route, reporting any changes due to unforeseen circumstances. Have “store move” orders completed prior to leaving plant or designated store.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CDL Class A License is required
- Clean driving history, which includes Commercial Experience, required
- Operation of straight trucks and 53 ft. semi-trailers in safe and responsible manner
- Ability to drive box trucks and semi-trailers
- Daily checks with the completion of paperwork will be required
- Assist with loading and unloading vehicles
- Perform all work in a safe and efficient manner
- Adhere to all applicable DOT standards, agency policy and procedures
- Possess basic reading, writing and math skills
- Good temperament, must like meeting people
- Ability to learn and utilize safe lifting techniques
- Ability to report to work on time and according to schedule
- Adherence to rules governing smoking in company vehicles
- Assist with training of Goodwill Consumers
- Goodwill Industries is a Drug Free Workplace
- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance Available
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Paid Time Off
- -9- Paid Holidays per Year
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Direct Deposit
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- 20% Employee Discount for use in our Stores
What are you waiting for? Join our Team today!
Did you know?
Our profits help fund programs to help people with obstacles, overcome those obstacles, find work, go out into the world and be successful!!
We recycle everything possible!! In 2016 we kept 8.7 million lbs of STUFF from ending up in landfills!! That's a lot of stuff!!
To assist individuals with barriers to employment in making the transition to independence and self-sufficiency.
Goodwill Industries of Mid-Michigan provides reasonable accommodation for individuals requiring assistance with the application or hiring process. If you need assistance completing this online application, contact the Human Resources Department at 810-762-9960 or GoodwillHR@goodwillmidmichigan.org. Goodwill Industries of Mid-Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.