Our Mission is to help change lives through the power of work. We serve our community by providing career training and placement assistance for employment. Our programs are supported with profits generated through the sale of donated goods in our Retail Stores,
and revenue from business services offered through our Contract Services Division. We invest 92.6 cents of EVERY DOLLAR EARNED back into the community. This is accomplished through educational programs and career services provided through our Good Careers Academy and Good Careers Centers.
We are currently seeking a dynamicInstructor-Construction/HVAC/Plumbing/NCCERwho has a passion for serving others and making a difference. Join the Goodwill Team today.
San Antonio, Texas
Bitters @ US 281
Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm & 5:00pm-9:00pm;Subject to Change
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
position is responsible for practicing excellence in teaching NCCER core
curriculum, Construction, HVAC, Plumbing and trades programs for students of
Good Careers Academy. Courses to be
taught include NCCER core, OSHA 10, with additional programs within this
industry as needed. NCCER Master Trainer certification and/or ability to be
approved to teach NCCER curriculum. Students attending will receive credits towards their HS Diploma and a
certification in NCCER.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
1. Teaches program specific courses as listed above.
2. Develops lesson plans for specified/selected classes.
3. Develops curriculum as requested for each program.
4. Builds relationships with businesses in the community for the purpose of placement of students.
5. Collaborates with Senior Manager and/or Student Support Specialist to meet academic needs.
6. Teaches courses at a variety of times and locations as needed including evenings.
7. Serves as a community resource person and represents the school to outside groups when requested in a professional manner.
8. Submits required attendance, grades, progress reports, and competencies within 3 days of course completion.
9. Updates and utilizes the course syllabus and outline for each course, following established guidelines.
10. Begins class on time in an orderly, organized fashion.
11. Uses effective motivation to help stimulate a personal desire to learn the subject/skill(s).
12. Constantly strives to improve instruction
13. Advises students in career and program matters and refers them to Senior Manager or Student Support Specialist as needed.
14. Attends all meetings scheduled by Senior Manager for planning and orientation
15. Reads email at least twice per day to maintain current on school policies, procedures, updates, and announcements
16. Provides timely, quality access to students through electronic communication or other appropriate method.
17. Maintains and keeps current any license or certification specific to courses being taught.
18. Engages in activities that demonstrate a pattern of academic, professional, and/or technical updating or currency.
Any one position may not include all
of the tasks listed nor do the examples necessarily include all of the tasks
To accommodate business needs and management
objectives other duties may be assigned by a management member.
A diploma from an acceptable secondary or post-secondary education institution.
Successful completion of NCCER curriculum in core, Construction, HVAC, Plumbing and other various topics.
Documented evidence of successful completion of the National Craft Assessment and Certification Program (NCACP) assessment in the appropriate field(s) OR
A resume documenting actual experience in the curriculum title(s) or specific modules(s) the individual intends to teach OR
A license granted by a state in the field(s) to be taught/evaluated OR
Relevant certification by a State Department of Education
Experience at a minimum journey-or-technician level (at least 4 years) in the area of expertise OR a minimum of 3 years' experience as a certified teacher in a vocational/technical construction or maintenance-related training program.
teaching multiple areas, i.e., plumbing/HVAC, they need to show the above in
For more information about Goodwill Industries San Antonio, please visit our website at: www.goodwillsa.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled