- Expired: February 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Goodwill Industries of Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan is seeking a Full-Time Job Coach to join our team in Marinette, WI.
Responsible for coaching persons with disabilities in training and job sites, supervising work to be completed assisting in job modifications when necessary and reporting performance of program participants to Workforce Development Specialist or WFD Specialist Team Leader.
Position responsibilities include:
- Job coach customers in training sites and/or on job sites.
- Learn the job tasks and be able to coach consumer how to do the tasks.
- Assist in job modifications for consumer as necessary.
- Teach program participants job tasks.
- Communicate with the employer on the work performed.
- Evaluate the performance of customer and report on progress to Workforce Development Specialist Team Leader or WFD Specialist.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit in a timely manner.
- Assist in the transfer of supervision from coach to business.
- Provide backup service to other coaches at various sites as the need arises.
- Provide assistance to co-workers on the job site as they include the customer into their social network.
- Responsible for safety of consumer (i.e. removal of consumer and subsequent reporting of unsafe areas, practices, etc.) in conjunction with the facility.
- Set an example for consumer at the job site (i.e. appropriate attire, hygiene, etc.) (No jeans or sweat clothes unless prior approval.)
- Responsible for implementing safety procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work area.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Empathy towards persons with disabilities.
- Awareness of work procedures and practices.
- Ability to teach adult persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge of work procedures and techniques and/or ability to learn specific job tasks.
- A self-starter and independent worker.
- Able to provide transportation to self and clients on a regular basis.
- High school diploma is necessary.
- One or more years of work experience or related education.
- Supervisory experience is helpful.
Wage will be commensurate upon experience.
Goodwill Industries of Northern WI and Upper MI
Get fresh Motor Coach Industries jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.