Job Description: Case Manager
Position Summary: Provides case management services to persons served through service coordination, advocacy, evaluation, assessment and crisis management in an assigned program of responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Adherence to the attendance and punctuality policies of Goodwill.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills as related to your position.
- Contacts participants and provides case management services to assigned caseload as required by the program guidelines and scope of work.
- Performs home visits; travels to participant’s home around the state. Travel as required based on caseload, scope of work.
- Orientates participant to GINM policies and procedures including rights and responsibilities of the person served, GINM's mission, programs and services, grievance procedures and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Provides case management for participants; refers to other support services as needed, such as medical evaluation and treatment, and social services.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies.
- Maintains case records containing pertinent, accurate and current information; documents all contact made with each participant in a timely manner.
- Completes all required documentation within designated timeframes including but not limited to case notes, program documentation and required reporting.
- Review and submit program documents such as participant budgets, reimbursements and other required program documentation as outlined in the program contract.
- Completes, verifies and submits monthly billing according to established timeframes.
- Ensures accurate caseload by closing all inactive cases on a monthly basis.
- Attends staff meetings; provides updates on persons served with complex issues and receives new referrals.
- Maintains standards and practice in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and requirements, as well as professional standards; complies with contract guidelines and regulations.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Ensures HIPAA compliance.
- Responsible for the safety of all persons served under his/her supervision.
- Implements CARF standards into all programs and follows professional ethics as set in the Code of Conduct/Business Ethics policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational practices, policies and procedures and compliance with same.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Knowledge of outreach services and activities, funding agencies, and community health care and vocational services.
- Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs.
- Skill in gathering, analyzing, and organizing information.
- Skill in working effectively under pressure.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual client care programs.
- Ability to drive safely and efficiently.
- Ability to travel around Albuquerque metropolitan area and outlying areas around the state.
- Ability to exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to carry out instructions in verbal and written format.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; see, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift/move up to 25 lbs and may occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions. Exposure to behavioral problems and other risk situations that may require crisis management and other techniques to protect self and client. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception. Travel as required based on caseload, scope of work.
Minimum Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or abilities required for the position. Individuals must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test. Individuals must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license, liability insurance, insurability under the agency insurance carrier, dependable vehicle and a clean driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related human services field, preferred. (Other educational requirements may be required by funding source).
- One to three years’ work experience in case management or social work is preferred.
- CCM, CRC or MSW preferred.
- Ability to acquire CPR and First Aid certification.
- Bilingual preferred.
This job description is representative of the general nature of the requirements necessary to successfully perform the essentials functions of this position. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Goodwill Industries of New Mexico reserves the right to modify or revise the duties of this job position at any time to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.