Wa Assistant Manager (Full Time 40 hrs) - Warsaw, IN
**Wa Assistant Manager (Full Time 40 hrs)**
+ 11-Dec-2019 to 14-Feb-2020 (EST)
+ Warsaw, IN, USA
+ Full Time
_Store Discount, Vacation, Holidays, Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement & Retirement Savings Options_
To assist in the smooth operation of a fast-paced retail store and to present a positive image of Goodwill to the community. Position reports to the Store Manager. The Assistant Manager is responsible for the supervision of all store personnel in the absence of the Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in the supervision of the work force.
2. Assist Manager in the supervision of all store employees on a daily basis.
3. Assume all necessary managerial functions in the absence of the Manager and perform as required.
4. Assist in training and developing store employees and clients.
5. Assist in the supervision of stock procedures.
6. Assist in the handling of donations, returns and stock transfers.
7. Assist in quoting prices not on the price list.
8. Assist in checking the condition and placement of stock.
9. Assist Manager and other employees in maintaining store appearance and shopability.
10. Work to reduce internal theft and shoplifting.
11. Ensure 2 textile audits are completed per textile hanger per day and all other processed racks are counted and tracked on the appropriate paperwork.
12. Administrative and clerical operations
13. Administer company policies and procedures.
14. Assist in the supervision of daily bank deposits, replenish change and pick up bank bags.
15. Handle refunds.
16. Issue Goody Bucks.
17. Run register and make change.
18. Handle customer complaints.
19. Maintain records of store as required.
20. Attend meetings as required.
21. Security and Safety
22. Assist in maintaining safety and security of the premises and merchandise.
23. Assist in controlling pilferage and preventing burglary.
24. Assist in eliminating fire hazards and unsafe conditions.
25. Assist in conducting emergency drills and instructing workers in fire prevention and safety procedures.
26. Maintain safe working and shopping environment.
27. Fill in as needed to cover schedule in the absence of other store employees.
28. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Must be well groomed and personable.
2. Must have good eyesight, speech and hearing.
3. Must have good physical stamina and moderate mobility as well as the ability to lift, bend and work on
feet for at least 4-hour periods.
1. Ability to distinguish colors.
2. Ability to move filled boxes, barrels and Z-racks weighing no more than 50 pounds.
3. Ability to read, write and do simple math functions.
4. Ability to work well under pressure.
5. Ability to exercise good judgment.
6. Must have effective communication skills.
7. Ability to supervise personnel.
8. Must have prior experience in dealing with the public and the ability to do so tactfully.
9. Must be sales oriented.
10. Must have a telephone and a car.
11. Must have a current driver's license.
12. Must be bondable.
13. Ability to carry out established organizational and departmental policies as described in the Employee
Handbook, Sales Manual and Manager's Black Book.
1. Ability to be a working Assistant Manager.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule; open and close the store and work long days as necessary.
3. Must be able to pass drug screen before receiving store keys and random drug test thereafter.
4. Results of limited criminal history check must meet company standards.
5. Ability to fill in as production supervisor or fill in at other locations as needed.
1. Standard retail environment with significant dust.
2. Light industrial area.
1. Cash register (electronic/computer).
2. Credit card encoder/Checkrite verification machine.
4. Promotion on paging and message repeater.
8. Tach-it gun.
10. Copy machine.
11. Voice mail.
12. Fax machine.
15. Pallet jack.
**Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Inc** https://MichianaGoodwill.applicantpro.com
+ **Share This Page**