Business Services Area Operations Manager
Goodwill Industries of Kanawha Valley, Inc. Charleston, WV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Goodwill Industries of Kanawha Valley, Inc., (GIKV) we assist people with disabilities and other vocational disadvantages to achieve full participation and integration into society through the power of work. Be a part of the Goodwill family where we train and lives change!
We envision persons with barriers to employment being able to choose rewarding employment, achieve financial security, and build careers and lives for themselves and their families, thus enriching our communities. We are currently growing and are looking for experienced individuals to support us in this endeavor.Job Description
Under the direction of the Director of Business Services, provides quality assurance and customer service to maximize contract retention and promote development of additional work for the department. Work cooperatively with department director and site leaders, mission services staff, contract customers and contracting agency personnel and verifies contract specifications are met by monitoring scopes of work, obtaining customer feedback and resolving customer complaints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Routinely visit contract sites to inspect and verify conformance of completed work performed with contract requirements, specifications and quality standards, conferring with department director to develop improvement plans as necessary.
· Perform as liaison between contract customers and Goodwill.
· Confer with customers in person, in writing and by telephone to provide information, confirm scopes of work and schedules, obtain feedback, receive complaints, and determine customer needs and level of satisfaction with services.
· Participate in contract start-up, shut-down processes and activities to cultivate positive customer relations and assure a smooth transition.
· Obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes. Follow-up with Director, Site Leaders, and Customer to ensure resolution.
· Develop and maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments as well as actions taken.
· Support department director with development and monitoring of annual and monthly budgets as assigned.
· Provide assistance and training to site supervisors related to operating procedures and work standards to develop supervisory competence and to ensure accurate and timely delivery of contract services assigned.
· Attend meeting as directed and necessary to support the achievement of departmental and agency goals and objectives.
· Completes all interviews for department vacancies, hire packets/COS, performance evaluation on employees as needed. Completed in conjunction with Site Leaders.
· Report any concerns to BS Director with recommendation or plan of action.Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Individual must have three to five years supervisory experience in industrial contracts operation. Associates degree preferred. Related work experience and demonstrated ability to manage multiple job sites as well as people with disabilities will be considered in lieu of degree.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Goodwill Industries of Kanawha Valley, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Goodwill Industries of Kanawha Valley, Inc.