Driver B - Transportation - 5010
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PAY : 19.00 / hr
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Follow assigned scheduled, days and hours.
- Follow attendance policy and clock in and out as scheduled.
- Deliver donations, equipment, supplies to Goodwill stores. Picks up salvage and trash from stores and brings it back to main plant.
- Pick up donations from Attended Donation Centers and special pick up locations.
- Transport store shipments and return items to and from the designated stores in a safe and timely manner.
- Receives and follows special delivery or pick up instructions from the supervisor.
- Complete an accurate daily trip log for the truck being used.
- Complete accurate pre-trip and post trip inspection checklist for every truck being used for the day.
- Follow all dispatches and ensure that equipment count corresponds to dispatch.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Pick up and delivery of interoffice correspondence between corporate office and stores.
- Assist in production or warehousing when required.
- Bale textiles and safely operate the bailing machine.
- Abide by the policies and procedures as set forth by management and the Agency.
- Attend all meetings as necessary.
- Reports all vehicle or trailer repairs needed to the Facilities and supervisor in order to continue transporting to and from the stores by following the out of service guidelines.
- Abide by policies and procedures set in place for drivers and employees including but not limited to a schedule set by the supervisor.
- No idle time is permitted unless it is warranted.
- Professional manner with customers, co-workers and public.
- Review and be familiar with Goodwill Dallas safety policies, programs and procedures and adhere to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes. Attend safety training and meetings and report any unsafe work conditions, accidents or injuries immediately.
- Other general duties as required and as assigned.
- High School degree or GED, preferred.
- Previous driving experience, preferred
- Must be 21 years old
- Valid Texas Class B CDL, required.
- Valid Medical Certification card, required.
- Must pass MVR check and maintain a good driving record.
- Must be able to drive a standard (manual shift) truck.
- Must pass driver assessment.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Reliable transportation and communication, required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Live the Values
- Results Driven
- Job Skills Knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on several projects at once.
- Strong sense of internal and external customer service.
- Clear communication skills with supervisor and store personnel, as well as with the public at times.
- Ability to get along with helper and work well together and other co-workers. Able to take orders and follow instructions from Supervisor.
- Ability to read and complete paperwork.
- This work is physical and requires the following activities: Standing, walking, twisting, bending, grabbing, reaching and driving for long periods of time; occasional squatting, kneeling, stooping; good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, smelling and visual acuity.
- The ability to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs., or more with assistance and maneuver 200 to 900 pounds, pull utility carts on wheels on and off trucks.
- Must be able to use a hand truck and pallet jack in loading and unloading truck.
- This is considered a safety sensitive position. No level of impairment from drugs, alcohol or prescription medications will be acceptable while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Works in warehouse environment, retail store, donation center and truck environment most of the time and will be exposed to airborne particles such as dust, mold, dirt and pollen as well as extreme heat and cold and severe weather conditions.
- Must be available to work during operating hours as needed for business operations. Work schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and black periods which may vary from week to week as well as occasional overtime when approved by management.
- Can be stressful in bad weather driving conditions and during driving busy times of the year due to work overload.
- Moderate noise level.
- Works 40 hours per week or more when required.
Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability. Goodwill Industries does not discriminate in admission or access
to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
Goodwill Industries of Dallas, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Goodwill Industries of Dallas, Inc.
Get fresh Class B Truck Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.