The Application Analyst will be as a skilled software programmer who is comfortable with both front end and back end programming. The Analyst will be responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture ensuring the performance of applications working with different user groups. He/she will be able to work on projects from conception through final product with good organizational skills and attention to detail.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Contributes in development and maintenance of in-house enterprise application development.
- Maintains quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborates with rest of the IT team to design and launch new features.
- Maintains code integrity and organization.
- Designs and develops backend website applications and batch jobs.
- Performs application maintenance as required.
- Gathers product requirements to perform the analysis and development of specifications.
- Performs problem determination and resolution in the production environment.
- Implements and debugs challenging application programming features, both individually and by guiding team members.
- Takes a proactive role in communicating and advocating the consistent use of established company and industry standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Will be working alongside other developers, IT team members and other stakeholders collaborating on various layers of infrastructure for our Goodwill IT requirements.
- BA/BS or equivalent Microsoft certification and 4 years of hands-on programming work
- Familiarity with database technology specifically - SQL Server 2008+
- Proficiency in server side languages like C#, .NET, PHP
- Proficiency in working with messaging services like WCF/Web Services, Rest API
- Knowledgeable of code versioning tools like (SVN and VSTS).
- Knowledgeable of all stages of software development.
- Familiarity with SSRS
- Familiarity with SalesForce would be a plus
- Good problem solving skills
- Understanding and implementation of security and data production
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written
- Results-oriented and driven to achieve goals
- Ability to create online help documents for end users
- Ability to mentor junior programmers
- Ability to effectively understand the needs of the end user and translate into system requirements