Goodwill Industries of Arkansas is now hiring a Systems Specialist to be based in our corporate office located at 7400 Scott Hamilton Drive, Little Rock, AR. 72209.
- Because our mission is changing lives through education, training and employment.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Systems Specialist's role is to direct, evaluate, review, and manage database resources and services
while ensuring high levels of data quality. This individual is also responsible for developing,
implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and where
required, the Data Specialist will design, install, monitor, maintain, and improve production databases.
Uphold a positive work environment that follows Goodwill's Amazing Customer Experience (ACE)
culture, Values, and Mission in everything you do and every interaction you have with co-workers,
clients, customers and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with application development staff to gather system requirements and assist in the
implementation of the system.
2. Implement disaster recovery policies, and procedures, and data archiving to ensure effective
protection and integrity of data assets.
3. Analyze user requirements for reports, forms, queries, and data extraction.
- Ensure the stability and reliability of data access and data quality via ongoing database support and maintenance.
4. Develop and deploy end-user practices and tools for data extraction, queries, and data manipulation in accordance with business processes.
5. Provide end-user training as necessary with regards to the effective and efficient use of database tools and resources.
6. Assist with the installation and configuration of relevant network components to ensure database access, consistency, and integrity.
7. Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
8. Perform database transaction and basic security audits.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Caseworthy experience, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database, Programming Languages, Spreadsheet, Word
Basic: 10-Key, Contact Management, Presentation/PowerPoint
- An understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Good understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
- In-depth experience with data management and data processing flow-charting techniques.
- Broad knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices. (optional)
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc.
Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.