Goodwill Industries of Arkansas is now hiring a Program Specialist for Reentry Services in our Jonesboro, AR. market.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Assist in the initial design and implementation of educational programs, activities and support services that promote long-term market attachment and advancement consistent with the employee's vocational goals.
Uphold a positive work environment that follows Goodwill's Amazing Customer Experience (ACE) culture, Values, and Mission in everything you do and every interaction you have with co-workers, clients, customers and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts research and/or needs assessment to determine areas requiring additional resources and new program implementation. This duty is performed annually, about 10% of the time.
2. Plans and coordinates programs and services to meet organizational objectives and goals. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Drafts policies and procedures for program implementation and service delivery. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
4. Provides technical training to staff and classroom instruction for clients. This duty is performed weekly, about 20% of the time.
5. Monitors progress of program objectives that affect the quality and level of services provided and the program's success. This duty is performed monthly, about 15% of the time.
6. Provides ongoing support to programs through research, analysis, and liaison activities. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
7. Researches and compiles program data and present summary findings. This duty is performed monthly, about 10% of the time.
8. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
-Experience in the field of employment, vocational rehabilitation, or transitional employment assistance preferred.
-Experience in program development and classroom instruction.
- Willingness to learn and respect the needs of persons with mental illness, disabilities, past incarceration, and/or other barriers to employment.
- Adhere to client privacy rights and HIPAA requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employers, clients, supervisors, and the general public.
- Ability to provide vocational counseling, build self-esteem, access resources, and network.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel.)
- Ability to travel within Goodwill's designated region as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Arkansas Driver's License