The Excel Center at Goodwill Industries of Arkansas is now hiring a Math Teacher for our adult public school located at 7400 Scott Hamilton, Dr. Little Rock, AR. 72209.
Join our team, help others and use your knowledge and experience to fulfill the mission of The Excel Center.
The Excel Center provides adults the opportunity and support to earn a high school diploma while developing career paths that offer greater employment and growth opportunities. Our school “meets students where they are” in their education by providing a flexible structure and supportive relationships to help students manage work, life and family concerns as they achieve their educational goals.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Instructors hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of The Excel Center curriculum and the success of its students. We seek teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration as part of a team. The Instructor will facilitate learning for students attending Excel Center, meeting students "where they are". He/she employs a student-centered approach effectively tailoring the instructional strategies to the individual students' needs approaching instruction with grit, creativity, and innovation. Strategies may include but are not limited to direct instruction, one-on-one instruction, seminars, self-paced lessons, and online learning environments. Instructors employ high impact instructional practices and motivational techniques. The position will work with the instructional team in meeting standards-aligned educational objectives. The position will work with the instructional team in meeting the educational objectives and supporting the school's motto: "Relationships, Relevance, and Rigor".
Uphold a positive work environment that follows Goodwill's Amazing Customer Experience (ACE) culture, Values, and Mission in everything you do and every interaction you have with co-workers, clients, customers and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Preparing and delivering lessons to students who reflect a range of different ages and abilities.
2. Applying standards-based grading to diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments, giving appropriate feedback, and maintaining records of students' progress and development.
3. Applying best practices in adult education, researching new topic areas, maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge, and devising and writing new curriculum materials when needed.
4. Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment, including rich technology integration, to ensure high quality learning.
5. Preparing students for passage of EOC exams, and external examinations (PARCC).
6. Managing student behavior in the classroom and on school premises, and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior with dignity.
7. Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions aimed at improving student retention, productivity, school culture, and new student orientation.
8. Communicate student progress effectively with students, colleagues; Collaborate with staff to ensure student success.
9. Work with coaches and leadership staff to support students' progress towards graduation and post secondary planning.
10. Attend all team and professional development meetings.
11. Offer tutoring and other academic supports for students struggling academically.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Bachelors Degree
2. Possess the essential mindset that all students can succeed.
3. Drive to improve the outcomes and lives of students in and out of the classroom.
4. Exhibits resilience to persevere and create opportunities for students out of challenges and lessons learned.
5. Strong organizational skills; extremely careful attention to detail and follow-through.
6. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to analyze data for informed decision making
7. Strong communication skills; ability to communicate direct feedback in a compelling way that empowers teachers to make immediate improvements to instruction
8. Ability to work well in a team; ability to bridge and enhance professional learning communities
9. Ability to create, monitor, and maintain systems that enhance instructional outcomes
10. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
11. Effective presentation skills accompanied with inspiring stage presence.
12. Has working knowledge of computer programs to perform clerical tasks: Google Applications, Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer.
1. 2-5 years teaching experience
2. Experience teaching in a high-needs community
3. Experience with adult learners returning for a high school diploma
If you are the kind of person who helps others, apply today and please include a cover letter describing how you can help us fulfill the Mission of the Excel Center at Goodwill.