Goodwill Industries of Arkansas is now hiring a Human Resources Business Partner in Little Rock, AR.
Why should you work at Goodwill?
- Because our Mission is changing lives through education, training, and employment.
- Because we are a fast growing not for profit organization which is driven to serve the people of Arkansas.
- Because we offer opportunities for you to be challenged and grow your skills and knowledge.
- Because you are the kind of person who helps others.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Human Resource Business Partner will assist with talent acquisition, development, total rewards, and compliance for the assigned area or region in alignment with established strategies, policies, and federal, state, and local laws.
Model the ACE culture as outlined in the program. Uphold a positive work environment that follows Goodwill's Amazing Customer Experience (ACE) Culture, Values, and Mission in everything you do and every interaction you have with co-workers, clients, customers and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Partner and provide guidance to the assigned region regarding HR policies and programs; including recruiting, benefits, compensation, development, and compliance. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
2. Assist with the development and application of HR concepts, practices, policy and procedure to address organizational needs. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
3. Answer general HR-related questions regarding policy, procedures, benefits, and employee relations. Maintain documentation as it relates to record-keeping. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Prepare HRIS reporting. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
5. Facilitate recruiting functions including internal job posting, advertising, applicant sourcing, resume and application distribution, interviews, candidate screening, job fairs, background checks, job offer. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
6. Facilitate employee on-boarding and orientation. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
7. Provide coaching and mentoring to managers and employees. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
8. Serve as an advisor and ambassador to managers and employees on ICARE values and ACE culture. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
9. Investigate employee relation issues. Counsel employees and document concerns. Provide recommendations for corrective action and proper documentation by managers to support action taken. Facilitate employee off-boarding. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
10. Monitor changes in employment law and train managers in employment law to ensure compliance. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
11. Effective and efficient communication with all stakeholders. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
12. Ensure the highest level of confidentiality related to company and employee information. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
13. Perform any other related duties, as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
14. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Working knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations and best practices.
- Planning, organizing, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, shift priorities, and handle high-pressure time sensitive situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to build relationships, promote teamwork, and resolve conflicts
- Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently
- Capable of handling multiple sites.
- Primary language used to perform this job is English.
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 6 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- Six+ years progressive experience in a generalist capacity
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to day travel, with occasional overnight travel.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SHRM-CP or PHR, Bilingual in Spanish
- Working experience using an Applicant Tracking Systems and working experience using a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) is preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Internet Explorer and/or other web browsers. Must have the ability to perform functions such as navigating through websites via hyperlinks and searching websites using various search engines.
- Accurate typing skills, approximately 40 words per minute.
- General knowledge of how to use a calculator, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, printer, telephone and various standard office equipment.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all stakeholders.