Economic Support - Administrative Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
- $21 to $24 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Admin Assistant Sr QC is responsible for the fraud units at the Kenosha County Job Center/ Human Services Building. This position works closely with administrative law judges from the state of Wisconsin. The position also performs complex clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping and administrative functions and is responsible for maintaining open, closed, and pending files, verifying information, processing reports, assisting with special projects and data entry. The position handles details of an extremely confidential nature.
Serves as assistant for Quality Control and Fraud Units at Job Center/Human Services. This position works closely with Administrative Law Judges from the State of Wisconsin. Performs complex clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping and administrative functions. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining open, closed, and pending files, verifying information, processing of reports, graphing statistics, assisting with special projects, and data entry. Handle details of an extremely confidential nature.
1. Provide confidential administrative support to Quality Control, Fraud Unit and the management teams at Job Center/Human Services.
2. Coordinate file preparation for governmental review and analysis.
3. Audit cases as identified by error prone indicators, flag discrepancies and discuss case policy with staff and management.
4. Represent Kenosha County in the Fair Hearing Process working closely with Administrative Law Judge.
5. Train and update Kenosha County staff on policy issues specific to case errors
6. Create, maintain, and problem solve in governmental computer programming and databases in all program areas.
7. Investigate and track error findings, follow-up on problem cases with payment or policy errors.
8. Coordinate the collection of data and prepare reports for Kenosha County on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
9. Attend Fair Hearings as a representative of Kenosha County and provide necessary documentation to establish cases against fraud.
10. Assist in planning and implementing special projects.
11. Develop and maintain complete filing system.
12. Assist with clerical support as needed.
1. High school diploma required, Associate degree preferred.
2. Minimum of five years experience working for management in a high level administrative assistant role.
3. Valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle for use in the performance of the job functions.
1. Knowledge of CARES and KIDS computer systems preferred.
2. Knowledge of public aid policy and procedures preferred.
3. Knowledge of eligibility determination for all public aid programs.
4. Ability and knowledge to query specific screens in CARES and KIDS governmental computer systems.
5. Knowledge of public aid policy manuals and rules.
6. Ability to maintain accurate statistical data used in reporting.
7. Knowledge of bookkeeping, record keeping systems, and filing systems.
8. Ability to work with and retain information confidentially in both written and verbal form.
9. Ability to work and communicate effectively with employees, the public, and a variety of professionals in a cooperative and professional manner.
10. Ability to work effectively and accurately with minimal supervision.
1. Repetitive use of hands is required in the form of fine manipulation while using computers.
2. Ability to stand, walk, squat, bend, twist, kneel, reach above shoulders.
3. Ability to move through office areas.
4. Ability to manipulate computer/typewriter and telephone keyboards.
5. Ability to communicate at a high professional level in both written and verbal forms
6. Vision is required for computer entry.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Clear Career Opportunities
Formal and Informal Training Programs
Respectful, Supportive Atmosphere
Diverse, Dynamic Culture
Financially Strong, Well-Respected Organization
As part of the Goodwill team, your work will support our mission and help people with disabilities and disadvantages find meaningful employment. To start your career with a financially strong, family friendly organization, contact us today. We’d love to have you!
Goodwill Industries SEW
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?