Goodwill Industries Of Greater New York New York, NY
- Expired: June 02, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Goodwill Industries of Greater New York and Northern New Jersey, Inc.
Job Description Form
Position Title: Development Manager (37.5 hours per week)
Reports To: VP of Development
Cost Center: 62600
Location: Hybrid model, remote and Brooklyn
The Goodwill Mission: Goodwill Industries has a double impact: the power of work and sustainable fashion. We empower individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment to gain independence through the power of work. Additionally, through our 23 stores, 2 outlets, and e-commerce, nearly 29 million pounds of pre-loved clothing and household goods were re-purposed, re-used, and successfully diverted from landfills, promoting a greener, healthier planet.
The development office supports the mission of Goodwill NYNJ and is staffed by 3 individuals: VP, Development; Major Giving and Individual Giving Officer; Special Events Associate Director, and the Development Manager. The last 2 positions are new. This is a great time to join the team as the department and fundraising goals are growing.
General Job Duties of the Development Manager:
- Act as the primary Development liaison for the in-store, point-of-sale donation program, Round Up. Manage and grow Goodwill’s RoundUp in 23 stores in NY and NJ. Develop inspirational marketing and cashier training programs; produce weekly financial reports using excel pivot tables to inspire growth; Purchase monthly rewards for top performing cashiers; and identify several major corporate partners to host RoundUp in their stores on behalf of Goodwill.
- Retrieve data collection and analysis from finance for the Round Up program; and provide Retail and Store leadership with weekly/monthly progress reports and trend data as needed
- Oversee tracking and distribution of monthly store and employee incentives
- Assist as a resource for training, messaging, store communications, etc.
- Help flag and recommend strategies to address significant fluctuations
- To assist colleagues in building a major gifts program and individual giving program, working as a team, design and execute a monthly stewardship calendar of "touches" that reach all major and mid-level donors.
- Produce donor listings for the annual report and prepare “success stories” about our clients
- Conduct research on all new and existing donors and prospects, using Wealth Engine, RelSci and the Web, to move into appropriate prospect categories
- Manage all aspects of gift processing and acknowledgement in The Raiser’s Edge donor database, including ongoing cleaning of donor database and mailing lists
- Produce all necessary reports, dashboards and analytics in Raiser’s Edge
- Handle all gift processing, acknowledgements and data entry using Raiser’s Edge
- Process all invoices and credit card gifts using electronic AP system; manage gifts of stock
- Customize and draft new acknowledgement letter language as necessary
- Monthly reconciliation and KPIs: Support the monthly reconciliation process with Finance, capturing all donated revenue and tracking against quarterly goals; Use this data to develop one-page KPI tracking dashboard for senior review on a monthly basis
- Send mail and process returned mail; pull and enter online and text gifts; update financial documents on website; and buy supplies
- Process bills and expenses
- Prior experience in Raiser’s Edge: data entry and reporting
- Prior experience in gift entry and acknowledgements
- Knowledge of: Microsoft Office; Preferred knowledge of Wealth Engine and RelSci
- Excellent written, math, research, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of and passion for sales and marketing
- Prior experience in corporate relations
- Knowledge of stewardship and the ability to creatively design and execute “touches”
- Demonstrable organizational, professional, problem solving, customer service, and administrative skills
- Ability to achieve outcomes with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Goodwill, and sensitivity to working with individuals of multiple abilities
To express interest, please apply with a cover letter and resume
Goodwill Industries Of Greater New York
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Goodwill Industries Of Greater New York