Sales Associate ( Part Time)
Goodwill Ind. of the Chesapeake. Baltimore, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SIGN ON BONUS- $1000
****This position offers a sign on bonus which is awarded after 90 days-$200,180 days -$300 and after 1 year -$500 of successful employment***
The Sales Associate delivers exceptional customer service to donors and customers while preparing donations for the sales floor and assisting customers with purchases. The Sales Associate serves as the primary cashier and is responsible for cash handling. Employment is contingent on criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists customers with purchases providing excellent customer service
- Operates a cash register in compliance with cash handling policies
- Maintains neat and consumer-attractive sales floor
- Maintains fresh inventory levels at front of store
- Sort, price, tag and hang donated goods in preparation for stocking the sales floor
- Ensures quality of merchandise and pre-sorts items for salvage
- Maintains in compliance with safety and housekeeping practices
- Maintains a professional and flexible attitude; Willing to take on different job responsibilities
- Promotes the mission and values of Goodwill
- Performs additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior retail, cash handling or customer service experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to complete tasks and assignments with numerous interruptions and little direct supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the telephone
- Ability to understand verbal instructions
- Commitment to team building and improvement processes
Lifting up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. May be required to regularly stand for extended periods of time, walk, reach with hands/arms with full range of motion, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, push or pull. Regularly required to talk and hear. Frequently required to use hands and fingers to hold, handle and feel objects, knobs, keys and/or buttons.
Employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate.
REPORTS TO : Manager on Duty
Goodwill Ind. of the Chesapeake.
RetailView all jobs at Goodwill Ind. of the Chesapeake.