Nurse Aide Program Instructor (Contract)
Goodwill Central Texas Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our vision is to empower every Central Texan to transform their lives through work and education. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives!
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
Goodwill Central Texas is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in which all employees are valued for their skills, experience and unique perspective. This commitment is embodied in our company policies and in the way we do business. Working together as a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to our success.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
The Nurse Aide Program Instructor will serve as the primary instructor; planning, teaching and evaluating students in the classroom and clinical skills performance, leading to successful completion of the program and attainment of certification.
The Nurse Aide Program Instructor is responsible for ensuring program compliance with the standards and guidelines set forth by Texas Health and Human Services, Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, and other relevant agencies.
This role does require a high degree of flexibility and autonomy and availability to support both day and evening class times.
- Strategic program development with a clear focus on growth and continuous improvement of the CNA program.
- In partnership with the Senior Director, establish program goals and objectives, metrics and desired program outcomes to include graduation, certification and placement targets; establish action steps to achieve outcomes.
- Cultivate partnerships with local employers and community organizations to support enrollment and placement targets.
- Analyze potential funding sources; support the Senior Director and Development team in the submission of funding applications.
- Provide a quality program in compliance with the standards and guidelines set forth by Texas Health and Human Services, Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, and other relevant agencies.
- Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment tools, and classroom management techniques to encourage an engaging experience for all students.
- Continuously endeavor to improve and strengthen curriculum and instructional techniques and integrate best practices of instructional delivery that accommodate different learning styles.
- Maintain an organized and disciplined classroom environment.
- Monitor student attendance and ensure strict adherence to classroom/school schedule
- Assist GCTA Administrators with the collection of student data such as certification and employment status of graduates.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Texas; minimum five years of nursing experience
- Completed a course in teaching adults or have experience teaching adults
- Demonstrated experience in multiple pedagogical techniques (hybrid, online and in-person)
- Superior critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Experience with or desire to work with individuals who have barriers to employment.
- Working knowledge of G Suite, particularly Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and Classroom
- More than 1-year experience teaching in a post-secondary setting.
- Actively pursues and participates in professional development opportunities to enhance skills
Commensurate with experience.
We look forward to hearing from you and having you as part of our Goodwill Team!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Post offer background check is required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements for the assigned customer/location. Alternative work locations may be offered as appropriate.
Powered by JazzHR
Goodwill Central Texas
EducationView all jobs at Goodwill Central Texas