Position: Lead Sales Associate - Key Holder - Store #611 - #ZR Type: Full Time Location: 210 Monument Ave Port Saint Joe Florida 32456
Must be available to work a weekend rotation schedule. Hours of availability on weekends required are Saturdays (8:30AM-8:30 PM) and Sundays (9:30 AM -6:30PM.
To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the retail store through donor and customer relations, processing donated goods and quality control in order to maximize profitability that will fund Goodwill’s mission.
Under the direct supervision of the Retail Manager, the Lead Associate is responsible for assisting customers and adding merchandise to the sales floor, as needed.
Quality Customer Service
Strong Communication Skills
(Verbal and Written)
Ability to Multitask
Demonstrate Great Judgment
- Responsible for checking the quality of items brought to the sales floor
- Place items on sales floor in appropriate category and maintain a tidy appearance of sales racks
- Responsible for order and appearance in the store, must straighten shelves, racks and displays.
- Greet customers at entry.
- Provide superior customer service by assisting customers in locating and purchasing goods
- Display merchandise in an eye-catching and pleasing manner and assure that old goods are removed on the scheduled weekly rotation;
- Maintain cleanliness and rotation in the store;
- Ensure the dressing rooms are clean and return un-purchased items to proper location on sales floor;
- Open/close store as needed/scheduled;
- Cross train in the production of goods as well as the sale of goods, as requested.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance and punctuality record;
- Understand and perform all procedures necessary to meet or exceed the weekly sales and production quota for the store.
- Delegate project tasks and supervise volunteers.
- Participate in staff meetings and training, as required;
- Follow all safety procedures; Report accidents/injuries and safety concerns to the appropriate safety staff;
- Comply with Goodwill’s policies and procedures, including performing assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles.
- Participate in providing new hire training to staff and ongoing training to ensure all staff are familiar with store procedures;
- Assist in the supervision of employees;
- Complete daily and weekly paperwork and accurately report results to the Sales Office and online reporting system;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must accomplish duties in primary area of responsibility (cashier, donation attendant, processor, etc.);
- Good work ethic;
- Must be able to use a cash register, calculator, credit card processing machine correctly and make change accurately;
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in recognizing items appropriate for sale;
- Able to follow instructions and comply with policies and procedures;
- Able to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays;
- Able to maintain good relationships with co-workers;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Most activities involve repetitive upper body movement and bending. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (unless otherwise restricted).
- Must have good hand-eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Typical Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, but works primarily indoors and/or at facility entrance; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; Stools or chairs may be provided to allow employee to alternate between sitting and standing while performing job.
- Will possibly be working alongside others with social, mental, and emotional disabilities.
- High School degree or equivalent preferred;
- Prior experience in a retail environment for at least one year