Position: Donation Attendant San Destin ADC San Destin Fl Dept. 697 #ZR Type: Full Time Location: 10896 US HWY 98 EAST, SAN DESTIN FL 32550
- A Goodwill donation attendant is in charge of greeting donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles. This includes completing donor receipts, offering the donor a copy of receipts, sorting donated items into designated categories, and helping Goodwill truck drivers load/unload donations.
- Full time position with benefit eligibility in 30 days
- Must work Sunday through Wednesday, 8AM-6PM every week.
- Please read full Job Description Below.
To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the retail store through donor and customer relations, processing donated goods and quality control in order to maximize profitability that will fund and prosper our employment and training operations.
Under the direct supervision of the Retail Store Manager or designee, the Donation Attendant is responsible for delivery of excellent customer service while receiving and assisting with donated goods, issuing tax receipts, keeping accurate counts of donations, cleaning, pricing, sorting, and transporting goods, while maintaining a clean and safe work area.
Willingness to Learn
Possess basic math skills
Great Customer Service Skills
Strong Communication Skills
Ability to Multitask
Demonstrate Great Judgment
- Provide 100% service satisfaction to our donors and customers
- Greet each donor and customer in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner
- Assist each donor or Goodwill transportation staff with unloading donations from donor vehicles or store trucks using rolling carts or dollies, as necessary
- Offer and issue tax receipts to donors
- Maintain accurate daily counts of donations
- Report daily donation counts to retail store manager.
- Clean, price and transport furniture to sales floor as soon as possible
- Sort donated goods into pre-determined categories for processing
- Transport donated goods to designated production area, sales floor, or warehouse
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, including the designated drive-thru station, including but not limited to reporting safety hazards and injuries to the store manager and assistant manager
- Transport and dispose of trash to compactor or dumpster, to include operation of compactor as needed
- Maintain an acceptable attendance and punctuality record;
- Adhere to all retail store and personnel policies and procedures, including performing assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles.
- Good work ethic;
- Demonstrates good judgment in recognizing saleable items from non-saleable items;
- Able to follow instructions and comply with policies and procedures;
- Able to work a variety of schedules;
- Able to maintain good relationships with co-workers and management;
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to learn
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear, taste and smell. Most activities involve repetitive upper body movement, reaching, bending and standing. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- When handling goods, Donation Attendants are required to follow all safety procedures including, but not limited to, the assisted use of rolling carts, hand trucks, or dollies as necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus in addition to good hand-eye coordination.
Typical Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time, but works primarily indoors and/or at facility entrance; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Stools or chairs may be provided to allow employee to alternate between sitting and standing while performing job.
- Will possibly be working alongside others with social, mental, and emotional disabilities.