Position: *Truck Driver - CDL Not Required Class B Preferred - Destin/san Destin Fl #ZR Type: Full Time Location: 747 Harbor Blvd, Destin Fl 32541
HOME PICKUP DRIVER ALONG HIGHWAY 98-
DESTIN, SAN DESTIN, AND SANTA ROSA BEACH AREA'S
LOADING AND UNLOADING FURNITURE
The mission of Goodwill Industries-Big Bend, Inc., Transportation and Warehousing is to provide logistical support to the retail stores and donation centers. In doing so, we further the mission of Goodwill through professional materials management and movement.
Under the supervision of the Transportation Supervisor, the Truck Driver is responsible for operating large delivery vehicles (under 26,001 lbs.) within the areas served by Goodwill to deliver and or collect goods, as directed.
Strong Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
Great Driving Record
Ability to Multitask
Demonstrate Great Judgment
- Perform maintenance check on vehicle prior to leaving yard
- Complete daily inspection forms
- Report all defects to dispatcher and/or supervisor
- Follow directives of dispatcher and supervisor
- Complete all pick-ups and deliveries, as directed
- Handle, load, unload and secure goods in manner which protects goods, donors and employees; Assist store personnel with placement of store shipment, and store returns.
- Present friendly, cooperative attitude to donors and general public at all times; Be well groomed and polite at all times
- Work cooperatively with truck helper prevent bodily and property injuries
- Adhere to all driving rules and regulations; Report motor vehicle violations (on/off duty) within 24 hours
- Report all property damage immediately and complete written accident reports
- Return truck, all equipment and donated goods to Goodwill plant by the end of each shift. ? Responsible for all issued pick-up tickets
- Complete and maintain required reports and records;
- Follow all safety procedures; Use appropriate safety and protective equipment as necessary.
- Report injuries, safety concerns and violations immediately
- Adhere to all Goodwill policies, procedures and regulations
- Maintain an acceptable attendance and punctuality record
- Must be certified to operate forklift within 1 year
- Must be certified to operate baler within 2 weeks
- Must be at least 23 years of age;
- Speak, read, write, and understand English;
- Able to successfully pass a road test;
- Knowledge of Goodwill’s service area; Ability to read map and other written directions;
- Good communication skills; Able to operate two-way communication system in compliance with regulations;
- Good work ethic
- Able to follow instructions and comply with policies and procedures
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain good relationships with co-workers
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Must be able to understand and follow training instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires a physical exam every two years
- All drivers must be free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Frequent lifting, pushing and pulling awkward materials a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Able to move 1000 pounds with assistance
- Frequent walking, standing or stooping
- Ability to sit in heavy duty truck for periods up to one hour
- Occasional climbing stairs
- Able to perform constant physical labor throughout the day – most labor involves repetitive upper body movement, twisting and bending
- Good eye-hand coordination and good vision
- Walking, pushing, standing, stooping, lifting and carrying required
Typical Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outdoor weather conditions ranging from 30 to 100 degrees
Exposure to wet and humid conditions.
Normal traffic and driving conditions
Will possibly be working alongside others with social, mental, and emotional disabilities.
High School degree or equivalent, preferred
- One-year truck driving experience, preferred
- Valid Class B CDL
- Good driving record with no more than two points on DMV record within the previous 12 months.