Business Development Director - West
Goodway Group Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Goodway Group is #3 on AdAge's Best Places to Work!
Our West Coast team is looking for an accomplished, consultative business development partner with a strong understanding of omnichannel programmatic digital and data, and an interest in building our Goodway Business in the West!
Fully remote for 12+ years, Goodway has an award-winning virtual culture, and is growing! This position while working from a home office will be driving business development in our West Coast markets so a PST timezone and travel radius are ideal!
Who We Are
Goodway is on a mission to solve the most challenging business problems by offering a suite of proprietary digital marketing technologies and solutions. Our AdTech, AI, and data analytics capabilities intersect to create actionable insights and drive measurable results for our clients. We pair our offerings with strong consultative mindsets, heightened critical thinking, and white-glove service.
What You’ll Do
As the Director, Business Development & Strategy, you will be responsible for actively seeking opportunities to increase Goodway’s market share through the development of both client direct and long-term strategic agency partnerships. You’ll move the needle through prospecting and selling with a consultative mindset and developing relationships with key decision-makers to drive significant revenue growth in your region. The list of job duties below is not exhaustive; we might need your amazing skill set for other tasks, projects, and initiatives.
- Oversee strategies and processes for new business development that directly drive revenue growth and demonstrate Goodway’s value proposition in the market.
- Consult with clients to identify their business objectives and marketing challenges, and advise on data strategy, business analytics and insights, media execution, and personalization.
- Understand and be able to lead discussions around customer journey mapping, capturing, maximizing, and extracting value from 1st party data, and selecting the right MarTech platforms to enable more effective media activation.
- Develop a business plan including your approach for prospecting, margin attainment, and growth within the designated territory.
- Independently own new client engagements from initial outreach through to proposal, with support from Strategy and Research as needed.
- Maintain a strong understanding of changes in our clients’ industries and how their needs are evolving. Bring back and be the voice of the client to our internal teams.
- Develop a network of key, strategic relationships, specifically within the marketing leadership ecosystem. Drive awareness of Goodway and our capabilities to extend our reach and impact in the market.
- Develop internal partnerships across all functions and job levels. Collaborate with internal teams to design and deliver compelling pitches that speak directly to clients' core business issues and help us better support these businesses as they develop and grow.
What We Offer
- We’ve worked hard to create what feel is an industry-leading compensation package unlike any others out there in our field to reward your hard work, and offer a fantastic holistic benefits package that offers full access to training resources, unlimited MyTime (PTO), and more.
- This role is heavily slanted towards embracing your entrepreneurial spirit, allowing you to design your own path, and take ownership of your goals and strategy to build your business without micromanagement
- Our culture embraces work-life integration: working from a home office, you design your day in such a way that allows for interaction with family, friends, and your own personal passion projects
- Goodway Group celebrates our successes, and this is a fantastic opportunity to create your own sales footprint and see your impact immediately as it impacts our bottom line!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in a technical discipline. Advanced degree, professional certification, or equivalent training preferred
- 10 or more years of marketing experience
- 7 or more years of digital marketing/media experience with a heavy focus on strategy and working directly with senior stakeholders of brands
- 5 or more years with direct client management
- Knowledge of the digital landscape and MarTech ecosystem
- Direct experience prospecting and selling into Fortune 1000 brands and/or large agency partnerships
- Deep knowledge and proven success with pitching and negotiating meaningful partnerships
- Proven success selling value and business growth over cost savings
- Strong business acumen and ability to zoom in, out, and across topics while quickly synthesizing information to add value to the client and internal conversations.
- Deep knowledge and proven success in the new business pitch, contracting, and procurement process. (Must have proven success meeting new business goals.)
- CRM and deal flow management via Salesforce is a plus.
Things You Should Know
- Our workdays can sometimes be long and unpredictable. You should be comfortable and capable of sitting and/or standing at a desk for at least 8 hours
- Twice per year, we gather to work and play for a week. Both retreats are “can’t miss” events. There may also be other opportunities to travel depending on your specific role and business needs
BusinessView all jobs at Goodway Group