Goodnight Group New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fine & Rare, 9 East 37th Street, NY NY 10016
TheSous Chef should have a positively influence the kitchen team to assist theExecutive Chef in planning, organizing and managing the kitchen. As the SousChef, your duties will include training new employees, adhering to Dept ofHealth polices and working with the Executive Chef on developing new menuoptions.
Ourideal Sous Chef should be a strong communicator, be knowledgeable in variouscuisines, stations on the line, cooking styles, ingredients, equipment andprocesses. You should be an creative professional with leadership andmanagement experience looking to share their passion for food by delivering anexperience through the dishes they create.
- Lead by example and alongside the Executive Chef to deliver effectiveand efficient dining experiences by overseeing the back of house (BOH)operation, staffing, food production, accommodating special request, dietaryrestrictions and following allergy procedure
- Maintain Health and Safety standards set by Fine & Rare, localand regional government
- Establish professional relationships with the team and provideeducational opportunities to teach and develop skills and on other areas of thebusiness
- Support staff education, training and on the job staffdevelopment to ensure safe work habits and proper process as well as procedureif encountered with a dangerous or unsafe situation
- Influence process to run an effective and efficient kitchenwhile maintaining the highest food quality and controls for all dishes served
- Manage staff schedules, payroll, kitchen set up / break down,production, prep is completed and staff wear proper uniform as well asdisciplinary procedures are followed when applicable
- Instill that teamwork and synergy exists between the front andback of house staff through proper communication and delegate tasks and stafftasks to ensure smooth service and kitchen operations
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in working in a similarvolume-based business with approachable and elevated dishes
- Culinary trained and professional who is passionate about developingand growing as a Chef
- Experienced understanding with P&Ls, labor, purchasing,vendors and quality control while providing results in revenue
- Must possess consistent and stabile work experience with thedesire to operationally support the
- Must have Food Handling Certification and be knowledgeable withDOH codes
- Well-versed and timely email etiquette as well as written andverbal communication
- Experienced in with corporate and private event functions.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
- Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of theclub to others
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 30 pounds onoccasion and 15 pounds regularly.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive compensation packages to our employees.
- Health Care: Medical & Dental care with 50% company contribution.
- Paid Time Off: Sickdays + vacation days
- Quality of Life: consistentschedules each week
- Career Development: Goodnightgroup is a growing company that believes in tapping into employee potentialthrough training and advancements.
- Family Meal: provided to all employees during their work shift.
AddressNew York, NY
FoodView all jobs at Goodnight Group