Project Manager-Commercial Office Furniture
- Posted: over a month ago
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The project manager acts as the point of contact and has integrative responsibility for all aspects of project from inception of project to final closeout and invoicing.
*1. Plan, coordinate, and oversee all tasks, critical dates, client and third party interface and relations, performance quality, customer satisfaction and budget for each project. Develop work plan, schedule and logistics based on overall project parameters, project schedule, scope, and customers goals, needs and expectations.
*2. Determine required manpower allocation and utilization, supplies, trucks and special equipment. Establish installation services fees.
*3. Review construction/furniture installation plans and specifications for accuracy, completeness, and correct product application.
*4. Strategize with Purchasing and Vendor Specialist for order placement and delivery schedule. Manage accurate and detailed record keeping including: direct ship receiving documentation, installation sign-offs, punch list and change orders requests.
*5. Document customer communications.
*6. Attend customer meetings including pre-sale, construction and follow up meetings.
*7. Provide point of contact for and coordinates with client and all third party firms (Architectural and Design firms), contractor, cabling vendor, building manager, electrician and other trades, client's facility and IT groups, movers, etc. Provide timely, formal written communications throughout project to client, contractors/vendors, and project team. Provide technical preinstallation information to customer.
*8. Visit project site to determine readiness for commencement of field labor and conditions of area.
*9. Review project with Foreman prior to the installation.
*10. Point of contact for transportation carriers when product direct ships to the customer.
*11. Monitor site installation including performance of work installation administration and timeliness of task completion.
*12. Strategize with Sales Completion Team regarding project close out to including invoicing and punch lists. Attend project walk through and reviews punch list/change order for completeness and ensures resolution. Manage all final project closeout requirements including client sign-offs and punch list resolution.
1. Support and model Goodmans' vision, mission and values, objectives and strategies.
2. Proficient in all Goodmans procedures and policies as well as all software application tools.
*Denotes Essential Functions
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Strong product and technical knowledge including applicable building codes, correct product application, custom applications, installation estimating, electricity and cabling, etc.
- Basic knowledge of product specification.
- Basic knowledge of third party practices as it relates to and affects installation conditions.
- Ability to analyze, plan, schedule, and implement cost effective project installation.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of contract furniture management including: account management, project management, order preparation, installation, relocation, and contract furniture administration.
- Working knowledge of building construction, interior design, moves and relocations, trucking, furniture manufacturing and shipping, and building management.
- In depth knowledge of furniture installation drawings.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with a wide range of people.
- Proficient PC skills for Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project.
- Proficient typing abilities.
- Proficient with internet research.
ORGANIZATION COMPETENCIES (All positions):
Process Flow Knowledge
Training and Personal Development
All offers of employment are contingent on the passing of a drug screen, background check, and proof of COVID vaccination or a completed exemption form.
ConstructionView all jobs at Goodmans Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?