Designer - Project
- Posted: over a month ago
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop the design of commercial spaces for the function, flow and aesthetic desired by the client.
Attend site/inventory verification, programming meetings, assist with space planning and typical development, color boards and product presentations. Develop installation drawings and specifications and site-to-plan review. Work closely with sales support, order entry and installation group as well as the client to ensure accurate plans and specifications, conformance to client requirements, customer satisfaction and project implementation.
- Responsible individual and knowledgeable of the full design process.
- Use programming requirements to develop conceptual design and block planning for a project.
- Conduct product research and maintain vendor communication.
- Measure and field verify existing or new building conditions.
- Draft or modify base plans in AutoCAD.
- Inventory existing customer product.
- Compose space plans; develop typical drawings and layout systems furniture.
- Specification of systems and conventional furniture.
- Create a Bill of Materials from drawings.
- Check own work for thoroughness and accuracy prior to submitting for a double check.
- Develop installation drawings.
- Track and record all billable project time.
- Polite and cordial in all customer interactions.
- Communicates easily and clearly.
- Support and model Goodmans' core values.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Attend client meetings with a Senior Designer
- Set up and maintain project files per Goodman's standards.
- Create product and material presentations.
- Work with other software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, Z-axis, and Sketch Up.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or related field.
Organizational Competencies (All positions):
- Accountability and Consistency
- Communications Effectiveness and Customer Focus
- Goal Driven
- Initiative and Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving
- Team Work
- Training and Personal Development
- Customer Service
- Developing Team Members
- Process Knowledge
- Product Knowledge
- Project Knowledge
- Quality Focus
- Space Planning
- Time Management
This job requires you to have transportation to get to and from customer sites. You must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
All offers of employment are contingent on the passing of a drug screen, background check, and proof of COVID vaccination or a completed exemption form.
TechnologyView all jobs at Goodmans Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?