Designer - Interior Construction
- Posted: over a month ago
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead the design process for interior construction projects which includes programming, space planning, specifications, and client engagement. Collaborate with cross-functional leaders and employees to share knowledge and improve
Highlight, track and help solve problems.
Use the following framework for problem solving:
• Document Current Condition
Share and test knowledge and ideas that improve the quality and speed of workflow.
- Provide project and customer appropriate solutions which help us win and retain customers.
- Gather programming requirements. And develop conceptual design and block planning.
- Conduct product research.
- Field verify existing or new building conditions.
- Draft or modify base plans in ICE, ensuring AutoCAD drawings coincide with site dimensions and base building details.
- Ensure accurate plans and specifications, conformance to client requirements, customer satisfaction and project implementation.
- Attend and lead meetings without assistance.
- Give presentations for RFP and project interview situations.
- Track and record all billable time.
- Prepare installation drawings in ICE at time of order entry.
- Response times and quality of internal and external communications and deliverables must meet or exceed customer expectations.
FOCUS ON ACHIEVING CORPORATE OBJECTIVES:
• Reduce Punch Lists
• Improve Margins
• Fill the funnel
• Prepare installation for success
DEVELOPMENT OF SELF AND OTHERS:
Commit to continuous learning about:
• Goodmans History
• Goodmans Process
• Product Applications
• Product Specifications
• Value Engineering
• Communication and Presentation Skills
• Design and Space Trends
• Code Compliance
• Workplace Health and Safety
• Engagement in our Community
• Sharing Knowledge
Model behavior that is aligned with our values:
• People - The welfare of our people is our priority.
• Connectedness - Goodmans is not isolated, we are connected the community and the planet.
• Foresight - Goodmans never stops thinking.
• Improvement - Goodmans will continually seek improvement.
• Transparency - We will be open and honest in our interactions with employees and customers.
Model behavior that promotes our culture:
• Make the customer's day better
• Inspire the community with our purpose
• Be excellent, together
• Invest in the growth of our people
• Celebrate success
• Learn from mistakes and teach others
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with pre-fabricated and/or moveable walls preferred.
- Accountability and Consistency
- Communications Effectiveness and Customer Focus
- Goal-Driven Initiative and Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving Professionalism
- Teamwork Training and Personal Development
- Customer Service Safety
- Process Knowledge
- Product Knowledge
- Project Knowledge
- Quality Focus
- Space Planning
- Time Management
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: See document related to physical requirements for all Designers.
COMPANY PROPERTY AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
DOT Clearance Required - No
WORK LOCATION: Arizona preferred, remote may be available with prior approval and subject to customer needs.
ConstructionView all jobs at Goodmans Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?