For over 20 years, Goodman has provided precision services for the worlds largest media and tech companies by offering residential and commercial field service support and program management for regional and national installation and maintenance programs for network operators, e-retailers and electronics manufacturers.
A Delivery Service Technician III is responsiblefor the delivery and assembly of, among other things, smart home products andtechnologies, computer networking, Internet of Things (IoT) solutions andother advanced products, CCTV, home security, furniture, outdoor equipment, appliancesand grills, home theater and TV mounts, exercise and other equipment, consumer lockers, and other products orequipment (collectively Products) at customers homes or businesses whiledelivering the ultimate customer service (white glove) experience. The DST III works autonomously in the field,is consumer-facing, and is responsible for ensuring the highest level ofcustomer satisfaction and experience.
Essential and Primary Functions:
- Drive a delivery truck, cargo or sprinter van, and follow a time schedule.
- Ability to manage and record inventory movements within a warehouse setting.
- Safely load and unload the delivery vehicle with a dolly or hand truck and use blankets or packing to prevent damage to the Product, delivery vehicle, or customers home.
- Unbox and assemble a variety of Products based on instruction manuals, blueprint specifications, parts lists, and drawings, and, where appropriate, configure network and Wi-Fi settings to connect applicable Products to a network.
- Able to install wiring, where applicable, in accordance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Take precise measurements to ensure accurate fitof Products in the customers home.
- Collect printed or digital signatures from the customer on required forms.
- Collect non-cash payments from customers, if applicable, via payment application.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete required printed or digital logs and reports.
- Keep a clean and tidy work area at thecustomers home, including wearing booties inside the home, post-assemblyremoval of packing materials and debris from the customers home.
- Must be able to meet the required physicaldemands listed below, including but not limited to, lifting and moving up to 50-200pounds on a regular basis with the help of a lifting partner or dolly.
- Responsible for serving as the customerspoint-of-contact during delivery, assembly, and/or installation, and ensuringthe customer experience is second-to-none.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently workautonomously.
- Superior communication skills to effectivelycommunicate with customers, employees, and various company departments.
- Must be able to work autonomously with minimalsupervision and in accordance with all safety standards.
- Needs to be self-motivated.
- Ability to use reason and judgment to solve anyproblems or issues that may arise.
- Must maintain superior customer service,professionalism and a positive attitude to ensure the highest level of customersatisfaction.
- Inspect delivery vehicle pre- and post-servicetrips to ensure it is clean and organized and monitor its maintenance andrepair in accordance with company policy.
- Meet all company and industry safetyrequirements.
- Place orders for supplies.
- Performs other job-related duties as required bybusiness needs.
- At least 21 years of age and legally able to work in the United States.
- 3 years experience in similar white glovecustomer service functions.
Knowledge, Skillsand Abilities:
- Adept with hand tools and power tools.
- Advanced knowledge of computers, networking, and operating mobile devices.
- Available to work a flexible work schedule (weekends / holidays / evenings).
- Able to work in fast paced fluid environment.
- Reliable attendance record: on time every day required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customerpurchases or records.
Certificates,Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must possess appropriate licenses such as lowvoltage, CCTV, HVAC, plumbing, as well as other required licensing depending onthe Product being installed.
- Must be able to lift and move large, bulkyand/or heavy merchandise up to 200 lbs. multiple times a day with help of alifting partner or dolly.
- Must be able to work 8-10-hour days and perform repetitive bending and twisting motions.
- Must be able to push/pull and lift at or above chest level.
- Must be able to climb in and out of the cab and box truck and move equipment up and down staircases.
- Must be able to consistently perform firm hand grips of >50lbs.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that mayrequire prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to performjob duties.
- Ability to drive a cargo van or 14-26straight truck and potentially operate a lift gate.
- Comfortableworking outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Why Work Here?For over 20 years, Goodman has provided precision services for the world’s largest media and tech companies by offering residential and commercial field service support and program management for regional and national installation and maintenance programs for network operators, e-retailers and electronics manufacturers.
Opportunity for Growth, Paid Training, Excellent Benefits, and Diverse Workforce!