Goodman Networks is a leading field services company with 2,600 network and electronics technicians, serving customers across the nation. We provide "white glove," last-mile installation and maintenance services to network operators, OEMs and retailers of smart home electronics and connected devices. Goodman Networks delivers best-in-class results for operational and customer service metrics by utilizing our robust back office support systems, which include logistics and kitting services, call centers, a Network Operations Center (NOC) and some of the most efficient training programs in the industry.
A Delivery Service Technician III is responsible for the delivery and assembly of, among other things, “smart home” products and technologies, computer networking, Internet of Things (“IoT”) solutions and other advanced products, CCTV, home security, furniture, outdoor equipment, appliances and grills, home theater and TV mounts, exercise and other equipment, consumer lockers, and other products or equipment (collectively “Products”) at customers’ homes or businesses while delivering the ultimate customer service (“white glove”) experience. The DST III works autonomously in the field, is consumer-facing, and is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction and experience.
Essential and Primary Functions:
- Drive a delivery truck, cargo or sprinter van, and follow a time schedule.
- Ability to manage and record inventory movements within a warehouse setting.
- Safely load and unload the delivery vehicle with a dolly or hand truck and use blankets or packing to prevent damage to the Product, delivery vehicle, or customer’s home.
- Unbox and assemble a variety of Products based on instruction manuals, blueprint specifications, parts lists, and drawings, and, where appropriate, configure network and Wi-Fi settings to connect applicable Products to a network.
- Able to install wiring, where applicable, in accordance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Take precise measurements to ensure accurate fit of Products in the customer’s home.
- Collect printed or digital signatures from the customer on required forms.
- Collect non-cash payments from customers, if applicable, via payment application.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete required printed or digital logs and reports.
- Keep a clean and tidy work area at the customer’s home, including wearing booties inside the home, post-assembly removal of packing materials and debris from the customer’s home.
- Must be able to meet the required physical demands listed below, including but not limited to, lifting and moving up to 50-200 pounds on a regular basis with the help of a lifting partner or dolly.
- Responsible for serving as the customer’s point-of-contact during delivery, assembly, and/or installation, and ensuring the customer experience is second-to-none.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently work autonomously.
- Superior communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, employees, and various company departments.
- Must be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision and in accordance with all safety standards.
- Needs to be self-motivated.
- Ability to use reason and judgment to solve any problems or issues that may arise.
- Must maintain superior customer service, professionalism and a positive attitude to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Inspect delivery vehicle pre- and post-service trips to ensure it is clean and organized and monitor its maintenance and repair in accordance with company policy.
- Meet all company and industry safety requirements.
- Place orders for supplies.
- Performs other job-related duties as required by business needs.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- At least 21 years of age and legally able to work in the United States.
- 3 years’ experience in similar “white glove” customer service functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Adept with hand tools and power tools.
- Advanced knowledge of computers, networking, and operating mobile devices.
- Available to work a flexible work schedule (weekends / holidays / evenings).
- Able to work in fast paced fluid environment.
- Reliable attendance record: on time every day required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer purchases or records.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess appropriate licenses such as low voltage, CCTV, HVAC, plumbing, as well as other required licensing depending on the Product being installed.
- Must be able to lift and move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise up to 200 lbs. multiple times a day with help of a lifting partner or dolly.
- Must be able to work 8-10-hour days and perform repetitive bending and twisting motions.
- Must be able to push/pull and lift at or above chest level.
- Must be able to climb in and out of the cab and box truck and move equipment up and down staircases.
- Must be able to consistently perform firm hand grips of >50lbs.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to drive a cargo van or 14’-26’ straight truck and potentially operate a lift gate.
- Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.