Goodman Networks offers a complete family of solutions to wireless carriers, OEMs, backhaul service providers, and enterprise customers. Additionally, our Field Services division is a valued partner of DIRECTV delivering high quality service installations, maintenance, and upgrades for residential and commercial customers. Solutions and services offered by Goodman Networks help these entities implement new technologies faster, enhance network performance, and improve business results.
Field Service Technicians coordinate onsite installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair on network equipment. Field Service Technicians turn up & test circuitry and connectivity of components using test meters, circuit diagrams, polarity probes, and other hand tools to confirm functionality or to isolate sources of fault.
Perform on-site installation, commissioning and maintenance on networking equipment and associated racks and cabling at customer locations.
May install hardware associated with powering up equipment.
Installs, maintains, terminates, and tests copper, coax, and fiber optic cabling.
Commissions equipment by establishing power, voltage levels and grounding.
Ensures timing and alarming is properly working.
Load software applications and upgrades as required.
May work on communications network transmission systems, including digital cross connects, digital loop carriers, Ethernet, SONET equipment, digital switching and ancillary support systems.
Identifies and troubleshoots faulty equipment configuration issues.
Goodman Networks considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.!*!
- High School Diploma or related work experience
- Some RF or Communications Technical School, Military Radio Technical Programs, or related college program completion is preferred
- Typically requires minimum of 4-6 years or related experience
- Travel to various customer sites - some overnight required
- Manage and Maintain company issued tools and equipment
- Manage and Maintain van stock and supply inventory
- Submit all Reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for safety and quality assurance
- Ability to read and interpret facility drawings
- Proficient in Basic Electronic Theory
- Solid knowledge of Radio Frequency fundamentals
- Experienced in installation, termination, and testing of fiber systems
- Experience with System Troubleshooting Techniques
- Solid knowledge of antenna types and uses
- Proficient in termination of all cable brands, types, and sizes
- Proficient knowledge of Radio Frequency technology
- Proficient use of Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Fiber, Cat5/5E/6 Test equipment (Anritsu, Site Master, VOM, TDR Meter)
- Understanding of 3G and 4G technology
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Effective communication skills with a variety of contacts
- Skilled specialist that can complete tasks in resourceful and effective ways
- Ability to understand implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Ability to lead
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments
- Strong customer relations skills
- Professional, courteous and responsive attitude towards customers and colleagues at all times
- Valid drivers license and ability to operate company vehicle
- Anritsu Certification preferred
- OEM Certifications preferred
- Ability to travel within a designated region
- The position requires continual standing, walking, and frequent climbing, stooping, kneeling reaching and possible crawling through tight spaces.
- Able to carry up to 65 lbs
- Vision requires eyesight sufficiently strong enough to permit extended close work and normal color perception.
Apply by emailing your resume to TalentAcquisition@goodmannetworks.com