Do you believe we have a responsibility to buy products that are ethically produced? Is it important to you to support brands that offer sustainable or clean goods, while supporting women and a diverse and fair workforce?
Human impact on the planet and each other, is causing global distress. 14 billion pounds of trash are dumped into the ocean each year. Plastic may outweigh fish in the ocean by 2050. The apparel industries contribute nearly 10% of global greenhouse gas emissions due to complex supply chain and energy intensive production. Over 80% of the water we drink and 75% of the fish we eat contain microplastics — leading to rising health problems.
The infrastructure of our quick-fix culture is contributing to the poisoning of our planet, our homes, and our bodies. And being a good human is really inconvenient!
Who We Are
We are a start-up in Playa Vista, California building a destination for conscious consumers to discover and purchase products from sustainable and ethical brands.
Imagine a safe and secure community where conscious consumers can use their spending power to make a positive impact in the world. That’s the world we’re creating. We’re looking for people with integrity who are motivated by the idea of building a unique experience that will empower and help users to make better product decisions with minimal impact on the planet.
GoodHuman is looking for two Associate Editors, one content editor will be responsible for ethical and eco-fashion and the other responsible for clean beauty. (This is not a video editing role) Each content editor will oversee content creation for their respective vertical responsible for product curation covering everything around products and experiences that are ethically produced, sustainable or regenerative to the environment from companies that support women and a diverse and fair workforce. The Associate Editor will have exceptional ideating and editing skills are essential, as are writing, self-motivation, a positive can-do attitude, and the ability to work at a rapid pace and meet tight deadlines.
Assignments may range from curating content around daily topics to writing in-depth product reviews to curating around stories examples like; “10 Natural Products For Your Self-Care Routine” for our beauty category or “9 Ethical & Sustainable Winter Coats To Keep You Warm All Season Long” for our fashion category. You must have a keen attention to detail who’s deadline-oriented and can curate and create content start-to-finish in our CMS.
- Must be obsessed with ethical and eco-fashion or clean beauty and sustainable lifestyle trends.
- Edit stories for content and structure, liaising with our fashion & beauty writer.
- Ensure all copy is on-brand, on-voice, and with the appropriate tone.
- Research and curate products from our approved brands aligning with daily themes.
- Select and frame the best hero photos for stories and curated products in our CMS.
- Able to gauge the millennial audience.
- Must keep up on trends and advancements within your industry.
- Manage editorial calendar and project tasks.
- Coordinate editorial calendar with Marketing departments.
- Turn every headline into a can’t-miss opportunity incorporating general SEO best practices.
- May also edit the copy of other writers.
- May be on camera for editorial and marketing efforts.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
- Living and breathing the values of sustainability, passionate about the cause!
- Experience with writing and editing in the beauty or fashion space.
- Must be a good writer, with especially great headline-writing skills.
- A great command of spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Exceptional organization and multitasking skills.
- Strong spreadsheet and/or database skills.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Scrappy and can get a lot done with limited resources.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment against tight deadlines, without sacrificing accuracy.
NOTE: This is not a video editing position and is focused on content editing on eco-fashion and clean beauty industries.
See our teaser at getgoodhuman.com
Good Human Community Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.