Good2Go Auto Insurance (G2G) is a group of nonstandard auto insurers operating in multiple states in the US. G2G has an immediate opening in our Atlanta office for a Claims Attorney. The Claims Attorney will work with our General Counsel and the company’s Claims management and staff as a member of our Corporate Law Department.
• Provides legal guidance, mentoring and counseling on policy and coverage interpretation, including legal analysis and opinions on coverage issues.
• Ensures legal/regulatory compliance by keeping apprised of legal changes/opinions and communicating information to the organization.
• Trains, develops and provides technical guidance to Claims on issues involving any legal, regulatory or claims-related issues.
• Provides guidance and input on policy drafting.
• May serve as legal and claims subject matter expert for other departments.
• Assures the appropriate implementation of G2G's Litigation Philosophy and Litigation Management Guidelines.
• Identifies, negotiates terms, hires and manages panel counsel to ensure appropriate file handling consistent with organization expectations.
• Performs other professional duties as defined by the organization
• Assist General Counsel as directed with corporate legal issues and projects relating to the Claims operation
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Juris Doctorate degree (JD) from an accredited U.S. law school and licensed to practice law in at least one state.
• Ability to meet any in-house attorney licensure requirements.
• 4-7 years of related work experience in a personal lines property & casualty insurance company or equivalent law firm experience focusing on personal lines insurance or coverage issues. Trial experience strongly preferred.
• Efficient work habits, knowledge of billables and diary review with substantive and procedural legal knowledge
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and have excellent time management skills
• Must be decisive and have strong organizational skills
• Excellent PC skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, Excel with pivot tables, and knowledge of Westlaw.
G2G offers a generous employee benefits package to its employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, paid time off (vacation), sick days, holidays, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, and more!
To apply for this challenging opportunity with our company, send your resume with salary requirement to:
G2G -- Human Resources
2018 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30339