Clinic Practice Manager II
- Posted: over a month ago
- $31 to $44 Hourly
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under administrative direction, is responsible for the management of the Good Shepherd Medical Group. Is a member of the GSMG management team and as such facilitates the development of practice specific mission, goals, budgets, policies, procedures and work standards. Compiles and analyzes data, prepares and presents statistical information on department performance, productivity, activity and budget to VP-GSMG. Uses various quality management methods to improve performance and processes. Provides direct administrative oversight of physician/practitioner operations, staffing, administrative and financial support. Works directly with clinic physicians/practitioners in organizing and ensuring smooth operations. Works with VP-GSMG to ensure physician contracts are effectively managed. Is responsible for day to day ambulatory operations; staffing, planning, implementing, and evaluating short and long-term practice goals. Oversees the assessment, promotion, maintenance and execution of population health and wellness initiatives. Oversees patient needs and suggests solutions to ambulatory patient care related challenges. Selects, orients, trains and evaluates clinic nursing staff and other support personnel. Performs other related duties as required. This is a department head equivalent level position with all of the responsibilities inherent in such a position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represents GSHCS in a professional manner while performing job duties for patients/families, physicians, visitors and/or other staff members as evidenced by appropriate language, dress, and conduct.
- Participates in the Service Excellence Initiative. Maintains quality and efficiency standards as set by Vice President-GSMG. Makes recommendations for improvements.
- Participates in activities, which promote professional growth and self-development. Makes guest relations a priority in all aspects of the work environment. Attends pertinent in-services, departmental and other meetings as requested by Vice President-GSMG.
- Adheres to GSHCS professional dress code.
- Identifies work-related problems with possible solutions and implements solution(s) when appropriate.
- Maintains awareness of communication issues between physicians, nurses, and patients receiving care in GSMG Clinics.
- Demonstrates an ability to resolve communication concerns with patients, family members and physicians. Conveys empathy and compassion to patients and family members.
- Demonstrates ability to work with and provide appropriate service and information to the general public, physicians/practitioners, GSMG clinic caregivers and staff, GSHCS Administration and Board.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of principles, practices, standards, and techniques involved in all areas of the practice. Evaluates overall clinic performance, flow and patient satisfaction. Demonstrates knowledge in accordance with GSHCS policies and procedures. Develops, reviews and updates policies and procedures for GSMG Clinics within pertinent laws and regulations in the following areas:
- Ambulatory Practice Financial Planning
- Ambulatory Practice Financial Policies and Controls
- Customer Relations
- Financial Reports and Audits
- Rural Health Clinic Compliance as applicable
- Patient Centered Primary Care Home Compliance as applicable
Education: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, in Business or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Five years experience, with a progressive increase in responsibility in ambulatory practice support activities. Must relate well with others. Job Knowledge: Knowledge of principles and practices of ambulatory practice administration; health care management; budget preparation and monitoring; principles and practices of personnel management. Must possess sound understanding and/or familiarity with accounting, medico-legal and financial concepts, HR principles, Medicare regulations and funding, and medical billing rules. Ability to develop and administer effective clinic policies and procedures is required.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS:
1) Knowledge in computers, phones, and other office equipment.
2) Knowledge in insurance regulations and medical terminology.
3) Knowledge in filing procedures and record documentation.
4) Bilingual, English/Spanish, is preferred, for customer service interpretation duties.
PERSONAL TRAITS, VALUES AND APTITUDES:
Must be able to:
1) Perform a variety of duties often changing from one to another without the loss of efficiency and composure.
2) Demonstrate a positive, tactful and harmonious attitude.
3) Work independently.
4) Recognize the rights and responsibilities of patient confidentiality.
Inside environment protected from the weather, variable noise levels, occasionally subject to combative customers or verbal altercations with co-workers, subject to a rapid pace creating an unpredictable environment and subject to possible exposure to infection, contagious disease or hazardous materials, just to name a few.
Must be able to:
1) Perceive the nature of sound by ear.
2) Express or exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
3) Extend arms and hands in any direction.
4) Use of hands and fingers.
5) Stoop, kneel, crouch, lift up to 30 lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
6) Be self motivated, dependable, neatly groomed and well organized.
Good Shepherd Health Care System
HealthcareView all jobs at Good Shepherd Health Care System
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?