Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
Status:Non-Exempt, Full-Time – 1.0 FTE
Responsible to: RN Manager
Responsible for: N/A
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday 7:55a-6:00p or Monday - Thursday 7:55a-5:00p, Friday 7:55a-12:00p
The RMA collaborates with the health care team and patients to assess, plan, facilitate, and advocate for options and services to meet patients’ health needs and promote quality, cost-effective outcomes.
- RN Manager
- Medical Providers
- Nursing Team
- Patient Access Team
- Wellness Team
- Clinical team
- Referral Partners (other medical offices, laboratory services, etc.)
- Outside Pharmacies
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Patient Care
- Vital Signs
- Telephone Encounters
- Appointment Management
- Cleaning & Stocking Exam Rooms
- Medical Supplies Management
- EHR Charting
- Ensure appropriate forms are completed
- Referrals to outside agencies
- Managing Orders (Labs, Radiology, procedures, etc.)
- Vaccines – Pediatric and Adult
- Prescription Refill Management
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of the patient’s health and psychosocial needs and develop a treatment plan collaboratively with the patient (and family or caregiver) and health care team. Complete referrals when necessary.
- Strive to promote patient empowerment and self-determination. Assist and support patients in adhering to treatment plans and self-management goals. Monitor, evaluate, and document patient progress.
- Collaborate with outside service providers – including hospital, medical offices, behavioral health, laboratory services, outside pharmacies, and more – to plan and coordinate treatment for the patient including managing referrals to outside agencies.
- Record all interventions – phone, email, in-person – in patient chart. Compile and produce reports on service delivery and outcomes.
- Correspondence through personal contact, phone, email and regular mail; returning messages and relaying information in a timely manner.
- Work with Chief Operations Officer and Chief Medical Officer to obtain data needed for outcome measurement reporting.
- Report patient progress in patient files and to medical staff.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens; coordinate care with lab companies as needed.
- Perform basic laboratory and point of care testing.
- Scheduling patients – appointments, lab, radiology, and outside agency services.
- Performing and recording vital signs on patients.
- Preparing patients for medical procedures and assist with procedures.
- Maintain patient’s medical records.
- Keep exam rooms sterilized and stocked with supplies.
- Other cleaning duties as assigned.
- Medication refills.
- Work with patients - new-born to geriatric, women’s health, OB, immunizations, and more
- Communicate relevant information to the medical, dental, wellness, pharmacy teams and COO to maintain continuity of care.
- Promotes smooth interactions with other departments and fosters good interdepartmental relations.
- Works well with supervisor and all others in positions of authority.
- Maintains cooperative working relationship with all personnel.
- Consistently shows ability to recognize and manage priorities.
- Performs all duties in an independent manner with minimal supervision and direction, shows initiative.
- Makes reasonable efforts to limit the use and disclosure of (PHI) Protected Health Information to the minimum necessary to perform the job.
- Follows all Safety rules.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance.
- Maintains a well-kept work area.
- Manage multiple projects to conclusion.
- Provide reports as requested by senior leadership.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team and promote teamwork with other staff members.
- Must work with patients in a compassionate, non-judgement manner.
- Must adhere to and enforce GSCC Policies and Procedures.
- Assess and report opportunities for cost savings and process improvements.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Resolve issues that arise in a timely manner
- Responsible for risk management and patient safety and is accountable for the systems for which you work
- Assume responsibility for timely reporting to senior management or regulatory agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Respect for all others; seeing value in all people
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with team members
- Displays excellent internal and external customer service
- Positive attitude
- A high degree of personal and professional discretion and integrity
- Ability to think and act quickly while maintaining a high-level of customer service and professionalism
- Mature, with good problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead by example and inspire confidence
Knowledge and Experience:
- Oklahoma Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) license required.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of varying backgrounds, health care professionals and support staff at all levels.
- High level of problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must have respect and regard for the dignity of all patients and their families / caregivers.
- Excellent computer skills required for internal communications.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone. Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Must have strength sufficient to assist with lifting and transferring a patient and perform CPR. Must have sufficient mobility to bend, stoop, and bend down to the floor; ability to move around rapidly; and to move in small, confined areas.
Good Shepherd Community Clinic, Inc.