Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a Christian environment.
Join a team that provides rewarding work each and every day by making a difference in the lives of others!
Show YOU care, join us today!
Location: 3990 - GSS MN Metro Services@Home
1415 Lilac Dr N, Suite 260
Golden Valley, Minnesota, 55422
Employment Type: As Needed- Flexible Schedule
Hourly: 13.10 - 14.10
Shift: Various Shifts Available
Regular Bonuses Offered!
- This position provides care to assigned clients in a caring, safe and efficient manner according to agency standards, procedures and individualized client service plans.
- Assist clients with personal care, including dressing, personal hygiene, and transportation to doctor's appointments
- Provide assistance in meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Report and document any changes in clients' health status to ensure highest client safety and well-being
What's in it for you: You will work in a faith-based organization with daily devotions and prayer before meetings (if you choose to participate). And you'll be part of a family, offering love and compassion to clients as part of a dedicated and diverse care team. Just ask our employees - it's what they love most about their role at the Society. That, and our opportunities for advancement. Throughout our organization, we aim to fulfill the most basic of human needs: to feel loved, valued and at peace. Are you ready to join our team?
You're a good fit if: You have a good work ethic, are a great communicator and have a compassionate nature.
Click here to learn more about this rewarding opportunity!
What you'll do: A typical day will include managing and organizing multiple tasks as defined by a client service plan. You'll help clients with all personal hygiene - from dressing to bathing to grooming. You'll help maintain clean, safe living spaces and tend to laundry, meal and kitchen duties as needed. You'll remind clients about medication schedules and report deviations from their plans. You'll play a key role in clients' social interactions, communicating with family and agencies to help clients as needed to attend health, faith and community appointments. You'll be attentive to your clients' emotional needs and follow all regulations regarding reporting of client abandonment, abuse, or neglect.
- High school education or higher education is not required to be hired into this job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Prior work experience with seniors or disabled individuals is preferred, but not required
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action