Good News Home for Women is looking for a Resident Monitor to join the team! The primary function of this position is to oversee the activities of the residents in accordance with the Good News Home program and to support counseling staff. The monitor should be able to incorporate basic biblical application and concepts in each and every interaction with residents. In addition, evening and weekend staff will transport and monitor residents at group meetings, church services, and/or other outside activities scheduled. This position reports directly to the executive director. The hours for this position is 4pm - Midnight.
- Monitor the activities of each client's compliance with treatment plan and program policies observed during tour of duty.
- Facilitate or assist in evening or morning devotions.
- Observe and record inappropriate behaviors of residents.
- Implement all emergency and safety regulations as necessary.
- Communicate with staff on client issues when appropriate.
- Read logs and integrate information about residents into interactions.
- Observe all clients' activity and record incidents that occurred on tour in logs and verbally advise relief staff of major concerns.
- Actively monitor telephone calls if required.
- Interact with and be available to ALL women in the program.
- Provide appropriate interventions in crisis situations.
- Enforce all house rules.
- Document attendance at all job-related training and seminars by submitting certificate of completion for inclusion in employee file.
- Attend staff meeting as scheduled.
- Experience working with women in a group home environment is both helpful and critical.
- Knowledge of the dynamics and interdependency of addiction and spiritual void.
- Integrated knowledge of the scripture.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, clients and public.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Self-motivated and requiring minimal supervision.
- Company holidays