Good News Home for Women is looking for an Addiction Counselor to join the team! The primary function of this position is to facilitate the process of recovery to the spiritual, mental/emotional and physical person through counseling and teaching. This holistic approach to recovery from addictive behaviors is in compliance with the State of New Jersey drug rehabilitation program mandates and in accordance to the Good News Home program.
The primary focus for this and any area of the recovery process is to build a spiritual foundation. Therefore the counselor must incorporate biblical application and concepts in each and every interaction.
- Compile initial assessments and maintains ongoing assessments/evaluations of each client assigned.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of client's compliance with treatment plan and program policies.
- Facilitate groups.
- Develop and conduct addiction/issues classes that address physical, emotional, and spiritual rehabilitation of the whole woman as she relates to her environment.
- Schedule and document individual counseling sessions.
- Complete evaluations and meet scheduled interval for ongoing program compliance evaluations of assigned clients.
- Interact with and be available to all women in the program
- Maintain timely communication with staff re client issues.
- Provide appropriate interventions in crisis situations.
- Manage biosocial/legal aspects of each client (case management functions)
- Read logs and integrate information about residents into interactions.
- Oversee the personal shopping of each client to help develop personal and financial skills.
- Document attendance at all job-related training and seminars by submitting certificate of completion for inclusion in employee file.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Must be LCADC and LCSW certified.
- Experience working with women in a group home environment is both helpful and critical.
- Knowledge of the dynamics and interdependency of addiction and spiritual void.
- Assessment/evaluation skills.
- Integrated knowledge of the scripture.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, clients and public.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Self motivated and requiring minimal supervision.
- Paid Time Off
- Vacation and Holidays
- Medical and Dental insurances