As Warehouse Steward, you'll provide support to the management team by helping maintain the safety and cleanliness of our SF Foodhub. You’ll work independently to keep our warehouse clean, organized, and functioning efficiently. You'll have a range of duties that help support our teams, detailed below.
The schedule for this role is Thursday - Monday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
This position pays $16.00 per hour. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full- and part-time employees (30 hours per week) and dependents. We're also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Perform general clean up of all areas of the building as directed.
- Complete non-routine cleaning according as specified by management
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Sweeping and mopping walk-in food storage areas (including freezer and refrigerated zones)
- Regularly cleaning reach-in and employee designated refrigerators
- Washing and sanitizing product stowing bins
- Helping the kitchen team keep their workspace clean, organized, and stocked
- Stocking and cleaning snack areas
- Emptying recycling, compost, landfill containers multiple times daily
- Maintaining good supply of necessary cleaning tools, equipment, and supplies
- Keeping the parking lot and loading docks clean and free of debris multiple times daily
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning)
- Perform and document inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Cooperate with rest of staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- Understands proper warehouse safety concepts
- Familiar with cleaning practices using environmentally-friendly products
- Has a basic understanding of safe food handling and sanitation methods
- Believes that no job is too big or small and is willing to pitch in wherever needed
- You may use smartphone and/or a computer for part of your job. You should be familiar with navigating your way through different computer apps and programs.
- You should be well versed in units of measure and the use of digital scales and thermometers.
- You should be prepared to use standard warehousing tools as well.
- You may handle groceries and other items within the warehouse, so you’ll need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds and physically move around a warehouse with ease.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Deepen your knowledge of locally produced food by engaging with our producer and eater community.
- Incredible work environment with passionate, accomplished team members.
- Locally-sourced team meals made by our on-site chefs, team visits to our local farmers and foodmakers, and employee discounts on amazing local food!
- Most of all -- Good Eggs offers an opportunity to use your energy, creativity and enthusiasm to participate in building a better food system.
About Good Eggs:
Good Eggs is an online market that delivers good groceries to customers' homes throughout the Bay Area, seven days a week.
We’re making it easy for busy people to eat well at home by curating a marketplace full of the best local, organic produce, sustainable meat and fish, and delicious grocery staples. Order your groceries today on our site or iOS app, and they’ll be on your doorstep tomorrow. It’s that simple.
What's driving us to get the best food into the hands of more people? Well, we're on a mission to grow and sustain local food systems worldwide, and our entire passionate and creative team shares a common drive to change the world. If you hear that and think, "Hey! That's me!", please get in touch! We're always looking for like-minded comrades to join the team.