Resident Advisor (Full-time Staten Island)
Good Counsel is more than a home, it’s a new beginning. Through our programs, every woman receives the life skills training she needs to never be homeless again.
We value the dignity of human life, integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity and collaboration.
You can be a part of transforming a woman’s life.
Seeking a compassionate, highly efficient team player to assist in maintaining a positive social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual living environment for pregnant mothers and their children.
You become the resident’s resource, helping them resolve issues and preparing them for a vibrant, independent life by facilitating life skill courses and demonstrating good decision making.
You’re overseeing the operations of the home, from ensuring safety and cleanliness, as well as teaching and mentoring the residents about the “why’s” behind the house rules and policies (instead of only being an enforcer), to tracking residents, visitors and volunteers in the home.
Naturally, there is some basic paperwork, specifically preparing reports and maintaining documentation, to keep the home running smoothly and professionally. Your Supervisor is available to handle crisis situations or complex issues.
The ideal candidate:
- Committed to the organization’s mission.
- Confident, patient, dependable and capable of handling difficult situations with compassion and professionalism. Is seen by others as the “go-to” person.
- Suggests better approaches and thrives on change.
- Admits mistakes freely and openly and is looking to build a drama-free community.
- Respects their co-workers and the families we serve as valuable individuals.
- A driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clean driving record.
- The ability to pass a criminal/child protection background check.
- High school diploma or GED, Associates degree preferred.
- Drivers License
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 20 benefit days and 8 sick days.
Good Counsel Homes
Why Work Here?
Employer-paid health insurance and the chance to be around babies every day.
New York, NY