Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Colorado production facilities
Shift: 3:00pm to 12:00am
Job Summary: The role of the Production Assistant Manager is to oversee and direct the daily functions of the production department to ensure production and quality goals are achieved. The Assistant Manager provides support to employees at their designated site with respect to their day to day activities to ensure adequate output of high-quality product. Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates daily operation of production activities
- Coordinates and records processing activities
- Ensures all data entries are accurate and up to date
- Responsible for training all new employees on proper procedures
- Daily coaching/training of production employees
- Maintains conditions of processing areas (i.e climate, cleanliness)
- Manage all relevant spreadsheets
- Harvest preparation, including creating spreadsheets for harvest and coordinating with respective Garden Manager to get plant counts
- Manage harvest procedures
- Oversees Production Supervisors
- Provide support to packagers/production team in any capacity when necessary
Job Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Minimum 2 years college
- Experience managing employees
- Minimum two years experience in the cannabis industry
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Self-starter, Self-motivated, Positive Attitude
- Ability to work with and train others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Live
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position that requires, but is not limited to, 40 hours per week. The Production Assistant Manager is expected to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the production team’s arrival and to stay 15 minutes after the team leaves to ensure daily set up and take down. This Production Assistant Manager may be required to work on weekends and holidays. This position requires excellent attendance and reliable transportation. Must be able to work at all processing facilities.
Physical and Environmental Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 25 pounds
- Ability to sit, squat, bend, and kneel repetitively throughout an 8 or 10-hour day
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to visually identify product health issues, safety hazards, and signage
Management reserves the right to assign other job duties as necessary. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Good Chemistry is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must currently be qualified to work in the United States.