Sr Industrial Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
G&H provides photonics engineering and manufacturing solutions for industry, telecoms, aerospace, defense, space and life sciences, enabling our customers to innovate and compete by leveraging our world-class expertise in photonics technology.
We are global leaders in photonic engineering, experts in the technology of light. To learn more about us, please connect with our website at www.gandh.com
What we offer / Compensation Package?
- Competitive Salary
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
An experienced Industrial Engineer to perform optimization and control projects directed at improving manufacturing performance and solving manufacturing problems. Familiar with mechanical engineering concepts, tolerancing and machining processes. Performs time studies and line balance studies. Provides solid documentation and training resources on production processes. Improves visual control, logistics, efficiency and coordination on manufacturing lines. Works under minimal supervision; typically reports to a manager or executive. Significant independence, creativity and latitude is required.
- Analyze and optimize product structures
- Improve “between the process steps” product flow and logistics
- Perform manufacturing time studies and optimize line balance
- Train lead and DL personnel on waste identification and reduction/elimination
- Execute mistake-proofing projects
- Analyze and improve manufacturing efficiency
- Perform other tasks as directed
- May be required to do limited travel to support the above
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- English verbal and written is necessary. Spanish verbal and written is a plus
- Computer fluency is required, especially Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with an ERP System and maintain transactional accuracy is required
- Strong industrial engineering background, including ability and experience in major aspects of Industrial Engineering such as time studies, flow analysis, mistake-proofing, Kaizen, root cause analysis and efficiency improvement
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of technical skill, including relatively non-technical product builders through to senior engineering and management personnel of suppliers and customers
- Some knowledge of glass fabrication and polishing processes or similar process background is a plus
- Strong skills in a root cause analysis and formal problem solving
- Able to work in a clean-room environment
- BS Degree in a STEM Field or Industrial Engineering
- Six Sigma black belt is highly desired
- Six Sigma green belt is required
- Training in statistical methods
- Minimum of 5 years applicable engineering experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Industrial Engineer or equivalent engineer in a high-tech manufacturing environment
G&H’s advanced optical engineering and manufacturing enables effective OEM system supply and development.
Our expertise in optical systems, subsystems and components extends from research through the development of prototypes to volume manufacturing and is a catalyst for innovation and effective manufacturing in the aerospace and defense, industrial and telecom, and life sciences and biophotonics sectors.
From eleven sites across the UK, USA and Asia, our capabilities span a uniquely broad range of photonic technologies: crystal growth, optical materials processing, acousto-optics and electro-optics, active and passive fiber optic components, precision optics, opto-mechanical and medical systems.
Gooch & Housego
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?