Fiber Optic Assembler I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role involves assembly of fiber optic components and subassemblies into higher level modules
- Work with fiber assemblies and components to perform integration per unique customer requirements.
- Work with adhesives, precision assembly tools, and different types of equipment such as fusion splicers, high precision fibre cleavers, polishing machines, and test tools under direct supervision.
- Log assembly information onto order travelers collecting quality assurance data
- Follow written, controlled work instructions, drawings, or verbal instructions.
- Comply with all laboratory, clean room, gowning, and health and safety procedures
- Initiate engineering change documentation to correct inaccuracies when discovered
- Work to improve quality and reduce cost in team based environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
SPECIALIST FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Hands-on experience with photonics manufacturing processes
- Perform delicate and precise assembly using hand tools
- Handles optical fiber with wrapping and unwrapping, cleaving and stripping
- Excellent hand/eye coordination and dexterity
- Ability to occasionally work through a microscope
- Responsibility to make decisions and take ownership for their outcomes
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and 6S techniques
- Ability to read, speak, and write clearly in English to a US high school level
- High school diploma
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder required
- Experience in electronics and/or fiber optic assembly in a clean room environment
- Knowledge of fiber optic mechanical assembly and fiber assemblies preferred
In accordance with our corporate policy, G&H requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination or corporate approval of a medical or religious exemption as a condition of employment
G&H’s advanced optical engineering and manufacturing enables effective OEM system supply and development.
Our expertise in optical systems, subsystems and components extends from research through the development of prototypes to volume manufacturing and is a catalyst for innovation and effective manufacturing in the aerospace and defense, industrial and telecom, and life sciences and biophotonics sectors.
From eleven sites across the UK, USA and Asia, our capabilities span a uniquely broad range of photonic technologies: crystal growth, optical materials processing, acousto-optics and electro-optics, active and passive fiber optic components, precision optics, opto-mechanical and medical systems.
Gooch & Housego
7 Oak Park DriveBedford, MA
Get fresh Freelance Fiber Optics Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.