Gonzales Consulting Services, Inc. (GCS) is a dynamic and progressive company that is on the leading edge of technology. We provide emergency communications, technology and management services to a broad range of organizations. Our customers include various Federal government agencies and commercial businesses. We seek competent, well-trained individuals who focus on achieving customer satisfaction. Customer service, integrity, and competence are the words by which we live. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and paid vacation/sick time. EEO employer.
Control Center support services, located in Baltimore, MD, shall be provided to our customer by furnishing the appropriate personnel who possess knowledge and experience in Control Center, Continuity of Operations and Emergency Preparedness and Response operations. Staff shall support the customer in safeguarding its assets by utilizing various security and communication platforms to monitor, report and mitigate issues that could potentially impact operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be thoroughly familiar with the duties of the assigned position (i.e.., systems operator, communications operator);
- Be thoroughly familiar with the Control Center Operations Manual and adhere to procedures;
- Review maps, floor plans, diagrams or other information to become familiar with facility and property boundaries and be familiar with commonly sought-after offices or locations within the facility such as service offices, restrooms, elevators, entrances and exits, retail spaces, and parking areas;
- Be familiar with Agency access control and property removal procedures and direct any questions to the Control Center Supervisor;
- Be mentally alert and physically ready to operate a the Government’s equipment and security systems within the control center environment;
- Provide notification of alarms, events and emergency situations to appropriate contract Security Officers and other personnel using the notification matrix and call down lists included in the Control Center Operations Manual;
- Observe situations analytically and objectively and record them clearly and completely;
- Write and submit reports in a timely and efficient manner;
- React quickly and calmly in emergencies;
- Operate radio, telephone, keyboard, computer terminal and related communications equipment;
- Create and maintain manual and electronic logs (i.e., Excel) and other records;
- Monitor and operate various security platforms to detect security risks, threats or prohibited items (i.e., fire alarm systems, surveillance systems, communication systems);
- Monitor active alarms and initiate the necessary notification for response;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidate must be a United States citizen, have either a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma, possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a control center environment within the past five (5) years. Additionally, candidate must have technical knowledge of surveillance systems, intrusion detection systems operation and application and be knowledgeable of digital and internet protocol (IP) video systems, as well as the appropriate application.
Candidates must work well under pressure, capable of multi-tasking, be self-motivated and have excellent verbal/written skills. Qualified candidates must successfully complete pre-employment screening, criminal background and credit checks and a federal government background investigation.
If you would like to become part of this exciting and exceptional team and meet the requirements, you are encouraged to apply. Gonzales Consulting Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all persons regardless of race, color, creed and/or religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or marital status to apply.
Gonzales Consulting Services, Inc.
Why Work Here?
GCS is a rapidly growing company offering the potential for future personal growth and leadership opportunities.