The Goleta Valley Community Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation that operates the Community Center in the heart of Old Town Goleta. For nearly 40 years the GVCC has served the Goleta community by providing low cost rental space for nonprofit organizations, commercial groups and individuals to conduct classes, lectures, events, business meetings, provide community services or resources, and to serve the seniors of the Goleta community through quality recreational, social and educational programs. The Community Center is the venue of choice for important family and social gatherings such as weddings, birthdays, quinceañeras and baptisms.
The Reservations Specialist position plays a vital role in the operation of the Community Center, ensuring accurate and efficient booking of all meetings and events, taking and posting payments to customer accounts, and assisting with planning event custodial and staffing needs. In so doing, the Reservations Specialist must be able to work efficiently with little supervision, as well interact with facility users, GVCC office and custodial staff co-workers, and guests in an effective and professional manner. Hourly compensation will be determined based on skill level and experience.
Summary of Major Responsibilities
- Primary on phones and greeting visitors to the Community Center office.
- Provide rental information and explain facility usage regulations to potential Community Center users.
- Book events to the master EventPro calendar, ensuring all set up requirements are accurately included.
- Maintain a follow up system to ensure that all required event paperwork and insurance certificates are received from users and that they meet prescribed standards. Ensure all customer files are up to date.
- Prepare daily custodial worksheets and lobby reader board display sheets.
- Process event payments which includes credit card processing and cash handling.
- Assist with preparation of monthly facility user reports and other reports as requested.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service and/or hospitality, or equivalent education experience.
- General clerical experience required including solid computer skills and understanding of Microsoft office with a strong aptitude in Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision with attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Fluent in English and Spanish with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with management, coworkers, and customers effectively and courteously.
- Proven record of good judgment and sensitivity for business and personal confidentiality.